jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Clicking on others ads?anything wrong with it?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

when i read some fellow hubbers good hub and find it useful i leave a comment,vote it up and sometimes i click one of the google ads on the page.Its my way to send some reward to the hubber?Am i violating rules?Am i doing something nonsense?
    [sorry for poor English,i hope you understand my question]
    ~shifa saleheen shuvo

1. Bits-n-Pieces profile image82
      Bits-n-Piecesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes. you'll run the risk of endangering other peoples adsense accounts and even your own. stop doing it right now.

2. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

I would be very careful about clicking on another Hubbers ads.  Adsense take click fraud very seriously and you could lose a Hubber their Adsense account. There is also a remote chance if you use referral trackers a lot that you could be clicking on one of your own ads.

Also look at it from an advertisers perspective - they are paying for that click when you have no intention of buying their product or services. How would you like it if you were them?

3. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

As mentioned above it can be dangerous for their and your adsense account.

A better way to 'reward' them would be to make a link back to their hub - that will have a much longer lasting effect than a few cents in their adsense account.

4. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 6 years ago

I've never clicked on a Google ad on HubPages. Something just tells me it doesn't work that way, otherwise we'd all be getting together to make one another rich.

5. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Yeah it's evil and it defeats the purpose of adwords and adsense aswell as it is against the policies of Google adsense.

Ads are there to be clicked by people interested in a particular subject, if you are clicking the ads willy nilly, then it is not a qualified lead!

6. nicregi profile image66
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

I am not so sure on it but as long as you click it for the ads (example interesting etc), then at least you know you are not over doing it.

However, if can, try avoid over doing.....

7. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

OMG i wasn't at all aware of these facts,thnx God i asked you.

8. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

All good advice on here, never fraudulently click ads. 

However if you are browsing hubs (Of someone you did not refer) and find something interesting in an advertisement, then it is okay to click on those from time to time!