jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)

New to hub pages

1. Kerrie Lynskey profile image60
    Kerrie Lynskeyposted 6 years ago

Hello Hubland, I just published my first hub after joining two weeks ago. There is so much to learn and take in.  Can anyone recommend a good place to start?

1. BennyTheWriter profile image90
      BennyTheWriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages Kerrie! 

I'd suggest reading all the frequently-asked questions: http://hubpages.com/faq/

Also, make sure you spend time in the Learning Center: http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/

It's chock-full of helpful information for all Hubbers, old and new smile

2. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome, Kerrie!  The 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge is a great jump-start your hubbing career, but if that sounds too daunting, another excellent way to get involved is to participate in the HubMob, publishing hubs on the weekly topic.  This week's is Deaf Awareness.  If you need any help or support, the Learning Center (which BennyTheWriter linked you to above) and these forums right here are probably the best places to look.

Again, welcome!

3. mailxpress profile image75
      mailxpressposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Take it day by day.   We were all new at one time.  Hubpages is a great place to write, learn and eventually earn.  We all had to learn by doing.  Welcome.

2. Linuxaria profile image61
    Linuxariaposted 6 years ago

Welcome in Hubpages smile

3. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, and enjoy!  smile

4. nickhov profile image61
    nickhovposted 6 years ago

Welcome. I am new myself (only 4 hubs). I agree that there is so much to learn, but so far I have found great information in several hubs. Good luck.

5. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages - enjoy yourself here.

You will find many, many excellent hubs designed for beginning hubbers in addition to the help sections already mention.  Just do a search for what you're interested in.

Help is usually available in the forums as well - lots of hubbers are very helpful.

6. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages.

Don't try to do everything all at once, and do give yourself time to grow. By all means read the Terms of Service, and check out some of the tutorials suggested above big_smilebig_smile

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

welcome to Hubpages Kerrie,
      Yep start with the FAQ's and the Tutorials

Kerrie Lynskeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for advice.  I look forward to reading more of your hubs....cool profile pic by the way...

2. Kerrie Lynskey profile image60

Will do....

7. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

Welcome to HP Kerrie!

All of the above suggestion are spot on.  Plus, there are several hubbers who have written excellent, informative hubs on how to take advantage of backlinking and so forth. 

Enjoy HP -- there are many wonderful writers here!!

1. 0
      ralwusposted 6 years ago

anyone with teeth missing like that is much too young to be a member here. wink

1. nicregi profile image64
        nicregiposted 6 years ago

Hi there! Welcome to HubPages!

Glad you joined us big_smile Hope you got your adsense, amazon and kontera up to earn more money soon smile

Of course writing will take time and don't expect to earn much money starting. You will slowly earn money as time passes by. So hang in there for a while!

Drop me a question if you have anything to ask and I will eb glad to assist you big_smile

Adsense  - check! Amazon - check!  Will check out Kontera - thanks!

2. bettanywire profile image62
        bettanywireposted 6 years ago

Welcome to the Hubpages Kerrie.

3. andromida profile image76
        andromidaposted 6 years ago

Welcome to hubpages smile You can check out some top hubbers hub to learn more about popular hub topics and its presentation.

4. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

welcome if you love writing hubpage is an addicting place,enjoy it.