jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

"One tip of a fat belly" ad...flashing blue every five seconds

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago

Gotta put my two cents worth in here. If one is prone to seizures, this will do it. This ad is as bad as the pop-up surveys that appeared now and again that did nothing except irritate the reader.

2. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

3. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

ditto that!

4. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

A lot of ads do that quite often.

Things like this are quite common:

^Sorry if this is offensive, I think its the BEST example of what is being discussed.

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I suppose it is the best example...and it gives me a headache. What a great example of how to turn people off instead of turning them on.

5. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago

I'm back at this again because I can't stand it. And I can't stand it because the stupid ad thinks that it didn't get my attention enough to click on the first read, and so now it has to assert itself every five seconds. I didn't want to click it the first time, and I certainly don't want to as I'm trying to read the Hub it's attached to.

This is totally over the top or under the bottom bad form. HP is a cool site...why make readers frustrated and mad for a few bucks?

I hate Windows 7, too. Solitaire. The stupid cards flash when you mouse over them.

"Sigh"... no visual peace while you are trying to read someone's words or trying to beat a game you never will. But words would be read with more comprehension without the incessant flashing, and Solitaire would be so much more enjoyable.

6. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

Some ads will stop flashing if you press the 'X' or stop loading button on your browser. However, I doubt this affects flash. It usually works for animated picture files.

I hate those animated flat belly ads so much!