jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Adsense Publisher ID

1. ProCW profile image83
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

Question: Can HubPages.com use some sort of blocker to keep my ID from being used when I view my own hubs? Why? Because I don't want my impressions to go up from viewing my own hubs. Thank you.

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

You'll only trip impressions on your own hubs 40% of the time.  In the long run, it's not that big a deal unless you refresh your own hubs a bunch.

3. vanhove profile image60
    vanhoveposted 8 years ago

I dont think it registers when you are signed in

1. ProCW profile image83
      ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It does. But only sometimes and I don't know why. Just wish it wouldn't as I don't wanna ever accidentally click on my own ads.

4. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Then don't click on ads that are displayed on your own hubs.  If you want to revisit what you have written, save your stuff as documents on your hard drive.

5. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

ProCW does have a point GG : Qassia blocks adsense ads from showing when u are logging in yourself and you get text saying there would be ads here if you weren't you or words to that effect its a nice feature.  OpenX will do similar I think to.

ProCW : your own adsense code only shows 60% of  impressions - that's why u get the "sometimes"

6. xtnshun profile image79
    xtnshunposted 8 years ago

When you have the shakes like I do it's hard not to accidentally click on your own ads!

7. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

If you are worried about clicking your own ads, get adblock plus if you are on Firefox and you never have to seen any ads.

8. Dave Saunders profile image60
    Dave Saundersposted 8 years ago

...or if you find it difficult not to click on ads, please visit my hubs more often. ;-)

9. DonnaCSmith profile image82
    DonnaCSmithposted 8 years ago

Me, too. Soon as you've clicked all of Daves!