jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

adding pictures to hub

1. 0
    JimVTposted 6 years ago

I have read every tutorial I can find but still cannot get pictures into my hub article.

I can upload the pics and move them to the bottom of the page but cannot find a way to place them in the article where I want them.

1. Has anyone got a simple tutorial that works?

2. Do I have a problem with my setup or computer?

3. Is there some software that simplifies the process?

Any help appreciated.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I assume you are putting the pics into a photo capsule.  These, along with the other capsules, may then be moved around.  They can stand between other capsules or they can be flushed to the right of a text capsule.

The arrows at the top of the capsule allow them to be moved, or there is a tool at the right of the edit screen when editing a hub that allows all capsules to be placed, then the re-arrange (wrong name?) button pressed.

2. Yoovle profile image61
      Yoovleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm, I think there are some misunderstandings here.. alright, the only way how you can put an image next to a reference text is that you put that reference text in a single text capsule, then get the image capsule above that text capsule and in the image capsule you'll see a right arrow - click it and it will shift to the right of that text capsule with your reference text.
      The thing is that you have to have your article spread in more text capsules than one.

Hope that helps..

2. Appletreedeals profile image83
    Appletreedealsposted 6 years ago

Wilderness gave you the right answer, almost...

You cannot insert pics in your text. You can only use pics in Photo capsules. Then you can re-arrange the capsules, (as Wilderness explained), so the photo capsule is to the top-right of a text capsule and when published will appear to be inserted in your body of text.

But location of photo capsule is restricted to over, or under, or to the right side of a text capsule.

play with it - you will get the idea

3. Polly C profile image89
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

Also, if you want to add a lot of photos, make sure you have several text capsules, otherwise you will not be able to spread the pics out.

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Position the photo capsule above a text capsule (or any other capsule) and click the right green arrow on the upper right of the photo capsule box. It will then be right-aligned with the capsule below it.

5. 0
    JimVTposted 6 years ago

Thanks to all you folks for sharing your expertise.

I'm sorta there.

I got the pix posted but not exactly where I wanted them.

I wanted to put them next to the appropriate reference in the text.

I gotta tell ya...as a guy who used to control air traffic in NY City that was simpler than this routine!

Any further guidance is welcome.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To put your photo next to a specific paragraph, put each paragraph into a separate text box.

Also, are you placing all the photos in one photo capsule? If you are you might want to place each photo in its own photo capsule this way you can move each one where ever you want.

6. nicregi profile image65
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

Hi JimVT.

It is actually a challenge to put the pic beside the destinated sentense but there is actually one way you can do so.

You can try adding a new text capsule and picture besides it. It need a little luck as the alignment might be a littlw wrong. If you have the sentense quite long, there's a change it will work.

Feel free to try and see if that works according to your liking. It works for me big_smile

7. fetty profile image78
    fettyposted 6 years ago

Hi JimVT, Fellow hubber, Frieda Babbley has an excellent hub or how to put photos into a hub. She gives step by step directions. All of the suggestions listed here are also very helpful. Good luck and if I can do this you can to!!!  I am fairly new here too.

8. Joy56 profile image59
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

i am techni phobic, but determined to learn, it took me ages to learn how to put pictures up, then my neice came to stay and showed me how to do it, 

Just recently i learnt how to put pictures in the forums blonde poet, gave step by step instructions, i am so happy i can post pics in the forums now, would you like me to show you how i do it.....