Nude photo galeries in hubpages:writers should join hands against it

Jump to Last Post 51-97 of 97 discussions (226 posts)
  1. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I guess they did the right thing if you say so smile.  I think you are being nice smile.

1. Stooge profile image69
      Stoogeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am not being nice. I am just open to criticism - and this time, it was not even unfair. Had to accept. smile

SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Okay I am sorry I said anything then smile.

Comeon - now you are pulling my legs smile You know you can say anything. I trust you and your empathy smile

I just sent you an email. Please ignore the "sleep well" part - I thought you were off to bed wink

I got your email and sent you a swift reply smile.

Got it smile

When are you writing your next hub and what does it talk about?

I have three hubs in the works.  One is about a book I read, the others are about arts and crafts.  I have been bad and I should focus on writing the hubs more, but today is my day off so I was sort of just relaxing smile.

"....but today is my day off so I was sort of just relaxing."

Do you only write when you have to go to work big_smile

2. profile image0
    terrygposted 15 years ago

And they wonder why we unpublish our hubs and go elsewhere.

My hubs went from ten plus to three, not six as in my avatar. Even that does not work.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, there are certainly people who wonder why you are still hanging around here complaining smile

1. profile image0
        terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeh true, I seem to be haunting this place don't I. 

It keeps my points score up on my profile.

lol - As good a reason as many I have seen. smile

1. profile image0

Its all in good fun. I take nothing to heart and hope everyone else takes it with a grain of salt. I leave you to enjoy a nice French beer.

Unfortunately, there is no such thing. Two things the French cannot make are beer and cookies. And no, I don't take much to heart either. Big grain of salt already swallowed smile

1. profile image0

Well said, I am starting to like the cut of your jib. I am just a little perplexed at the way some of the forum threads go and as a moderator at another quite large forum I am astounded what is allowed to go on here. I cannot help myself, normally I hit the delete comment or bar button.

Maybe I should start hubbing again as I see a large hole in the search engine where the hubs once where. Nice talking to you Mark.

3. eswar profile image60
    eswarposted 15 years ago

Yes that is hundred percent correct. Yes hubpages love images but it should not be taken in this way and it is a shame how it is been misused. I strongly would like to join you, stooge.

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL DJ, you are asking for trouble yikes big_smile

5. Stooge profile image69
    Stoogeposted 15 years ago

Once again, request all not to make personal remarks. Calling a lady stupid was never civil.

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Nobody called a lady stupid. Someone said that someone sometimes says stupid things - which pretty much refers to all of us smile

The difference is in how we deal with our stupid statements...

"She occasionally says something stupid..."

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And?

I thought you knew how to navigate in this thread wink

1. Misha profile image63

I thought you had enough online experience to understand the difference between calling somebody stupid and calling somebodies statement stupid wink

Hey, dont turn it around. The way DJ ranted about SweetiePie's 'stupid' remarks and her justifications was certainly not in good taste - not sure how much he respects her. Anyway, this is not my war. I will let SweetiePie wage it once she is around.

Whats new?

Thanks for showing me support.  I will no longer suggest what people on here should say because they think I am the police.  I do not want to argue with them so I am leaving this thread.

2. DJ Funktual profile image76
        DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I was not calling her stupid.  Sweetie Pie and I have our disagreements but she should know that I respect her after all the time she's been here.  I was trying to keep her from dominating every thread with the same point repeated until people don't want to talk anymore.  It hurts her points in the end. 

Your inability to judge even one sentence says a lot about your judgments there Stooge.   Great name btw. 

Don't judge the human body for me okay new guy.

7. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

No one said anyone was stupid. And I am still seeing this hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Todays-most-sea … h-May-2008

How hard is it to find the "delete" button?

I can show you if you like.

Much as I hate to agree with Hoodala, this sort of rubbish needs to be removed. It is overshadowing the serious writers. smile

Please do the honours Mark, if you are very desparate smile
      By the way, truth is, I am yet to hear from the hubber who had requested that information.

Well, I am sure that hubber can find the google hot trends for a week ago, but in the meantime:

Click on  "my account"

Then click on that hub.

When you are taken to that hub, you will have options at the top.

Click on "Delete"

You will then get a message asking you if you are sure.

Click "Yes"

And hey presto!

It will be gone.

Easy smile

I wouldn't call it desperate (I am a great believer in correct spelling) but I like to see a man do as he says he will do.

Man, you are really "Desperate" smile Great post for those who did not know how to delete a hub. Surely, I will do what I said - I am not going to disappoint you Sir.

See? You can learn something every day. Now you know how to delete your substandard hubs, and you learned the correct way to spell "desperate."

All for free too.

Well done smile

Wish it was my first day on HP. I could really call it learning. As for "Desparate" - ever heard of typo?

8. DJ Funktual profile image76
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

Bravo!

9. Mark Knowles profile image58

My pleasure.

And if you would like some more free advice on grammar and punctuation, feel free to ask.

You being a serious writer, I imagine this would be an important issue for you.

I notice you still couldn't find the "delete" button though.

Do you want me to explain it again?

I did not say I was going to delete that right away. Like it or not Mark, I will wait for a confirmation from that hubber friend of mine. If it is not that big a pain for you, can I ask you for some liberty in deciding when do I want to delete a particular hub of mine? I know you are gonna give me that liberty - such a generous soul you are.

Surely, I would get in touch with you for some free advice on things I don't know. Oh yeah..there is something you can help with right away - how do you spell "typo"? :p

1. amy jane profile image70
        amy janeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Clarify for me please. Is Stooge deleting a hub because someone said the content is not high quality?  Stooge has written quite a few good hubs, are you not allowed a little slack here?
        I just know there is a high ranking well respected writer who has a hub or two that doesn't measure up to the high standard of original content. Just a video, I think. No written content.  Do these rules not apply?

Common, guys! Way out of hand!

Amy, the hub in question is really not a quality hub. I had posted it just because a hubber wanted the info. Mark, Misha and some others feel that given my known stance in favour of serious writing on HP, I should not be displaying hubs which are clearly substandard - whatever the purpose might be. Good suggestion I would say. Probably Mark got a bit too "desperate" about this whole hub deletion thing. He cant see a 'sub-standard' hub under my name smile

Of course I would not have bothered to think of deleting them, but my good friends here thought that it was high time someone questioned originality and quality in my hubs. Anyway, I have taken the criticism constructively.

You know, sometimes I wondered how could some guys who publish reviews written by others and openly admit of paying people one or two cents per word to write for them talk about originality and quality. How could someone ridicule a news article based hub when he himself has posted a hub with just one sentence + link and another one with just a Youtube video. I have been trying to refrain from bringing up these facts here, just to maintain peace and avoid name calling (still hven't taken any names so far). However there are some guys who, as a hobby love to ridicule everything. Gets very tough to maintain a polite and friendly posture with such people. With a hope that 'veterans' and self-assuming 'moderators'  of this forum realize soon the difference between criticism and ridicule, I sign off from the forum - once again. Will be back when sanity prevails.

1. Misha profile image63

I don't see how these two can't go together smile
            All my hubs are original (from SE point of view) and quality ones. Without exception. wink

10. Crash Jones profile image59
    Crash Jonesposted 15 years ago

The lengthy argument aside ... do I really have to hold people's hands to fight nudity on HubPages? Can I just hold my arms downward at a 45 degree angle and pretend to touch the people next to me?

Please.

11. Julie A. Johnson profile image70
    Julie A. Johnsonposted 15 years ago

If I wanted to see nudity, I'd go down to the drugstore and buy the magazine covered in the bag wrapper. It disgusts me that these hubbers putting up this trash are getting high hub scores. The problem is I don't want to click on the hub to get to the page to flag them.

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Julie,

If something that is required to be wrapped in the bag wrapper appears on Hubpages, it gets immediately removed as soon as it is discovered.

1. Crash Jones profile image59
      Crash Jonesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There goes my post on 40 oz. malt liquor. Back to the drawing board.

Oh ... wait ... wrong kind of bag. Sweet! Here I come Schlitz!!!

1. Misha profile image63

I think your version is true, too wink lol

13. DJ Funktual profile image76

You're rediculous dude.  Just relax.  Do something else. 

Sweetie Pie and I have been having conversations about music, religion and even religious music for months now.  She will tell you that we often don't agree.  She will also tell you that I was the one who encouraged her to leave the Teddy Bear avatar behind and be herself.   

She sometimes takes thing too personal. I did the same thing when I started here.  I took a step back, saw how the flow of things was going and then slowly made my presence my own way.  A lot of what Sweetie Pie says is very true.  People are a lot less likely to comment on my hubs because I'll call you on it, if you say something lame or short-sighted.  100% true.

The people on youtube call ME out on stuff REGULARLY.  They respect me but they are quick to point out all the things I miss and I'm grateful for their focused attention.  Being a white guy who dances badly but teaches about hip-hop samples they are often waiting to pounce.  But I also earn their respect because I'm doing something cool. 

Why you feel the need to draw untrue conclusions?  You remind me of those political hosts who add one to one and make an uproar about a majority of two.

As for a your alleged influx of anonymous support via email...oh please!

Let it go...and move on.

To believe or not is your choice. In any case, I dont have to proove anything to you.

14. DJ Funktual profile image76

Are you sure?  Been doing it seemingly all day.

15. DJ Funktual profile image76

C'est La Vie.   I have ammended my statement above slightly.

If you were actually offended, I feel sorry for you if anything.

How can you be so easily offended?  By what?

Why would you feel sorry for me?  That is so silly.  You said I was openly ignorant and proud of it when I told someone I liked their poem.  No one should feel sorry for me.

16. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

This whole thing is getting out of hand. Too much name calling on hubs over pictures. I'm not crazy about picture hubs and the sexy pictures but I can live with it. If I look at one that is adult I will flag it as such. I still think there is too much copyright infringement going on in regards to the hubs and that most of them do not take all that much effort from the poster but I can see the arguments for keeping picture hubs as they do bring traffic to HubPages.  I was more offended by them at first but now I'm a veteran and have gotten used to it big_smile

17. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Amy,

Respected writer you mentioned does not try to drive "low quality" work of other authors from HP.
    Stooge does.
    One who lives in a glass house...

Must buy much Windex. tongue

1. Misha profile image63

Bva-ha-ha-ha-ha!

2. amy jane profile image70

Where did Crash go? I thought he was going to hijack this thread with some humor.

Thanks Misha and Stooge for clearing up what was going on. I tried, really, I tried to follow this thread from the start.  I should have read it through entirely to understand that he volunteered to take it down.  You guys get a little pushy now and again. I am just in a "defense against bullies" mode today.

DJ, you must be a Sagitarious. No other explanation.

And now I am totally distracted by all the fantastic hot and sexy hubbers letting it all hang out on Dorsi's latest hub.  (I know that's your tush, Misha! smile )

Heh, the arguments here weren't contrived enough for my taste, so I'm watching the season finale of Lost with my wife. She loves it. I hope the show's writers are stranded on the island during the off season.

I'm currently contemplating some forum Topics .... "Top Ten Reasons HubPages Users Should Torture and/or Execute Degenerate Hubbers" ... followed by ... "Guillotine or Feather-Duster-Toe-Tickling; You Be the Judge."

18. amy jane profile image70
    amy janeposted 15 years ago

Misha, I get it now.

I still think it's a double standard, but I do get it. I happen to really appreciate the forum patrol most of the time. I just felt that was unfair.

1. Misha profile image63

Amy,

I know it is kinda boring to read the whole thread, so let me summarize this part for you - how I see it smile

Nobody really even tried to force Stooge to delete this hub initially. He was just told that he has a low quality hub(s) himself. He readily acknowledged and promised to delete promptly - and scored big on that, at least on my books.

Now, there was a small fine print attached - this hub was requested by some friend of Stooge, and he has to get friend's authorization to delete it. And here we stand since. No authorization yet. smile

19. DJ Funktual profile image76

SweetiePie you are not gonna get a fight out of me.  I like you and you 've made an assumption that I was calling you ignorant.  I can't refer to ignorance in general?   

I distinctly remember spending hours writing things that YOU requested and I even turned your Duran Duran request into a hub just for you even though I don't even like them.   
    Anybody offended after all that effort isn't worth fighting with. 

I'm not worth fighting with either.  I never say things with malice. 

I tend to to shed light where others don't dare, but that's just me. 

Like Misha.

Everytime someone spams the forum, he tells them in his own way.  I appreciate a good joke and a kindred spirit so I took his criticisms and made them strenths. 

Just trying to help.

Don't be offended...it's so boring.  smile

I probably am overly sensitive, my bad.  So I will never mention it or think about it again.  Also, I think you have much to learn from me too smile.

Woohoo! Make-up posting! I feel the tension releasing as I type.

This is a good thing. After all, anyone willing to write a word, much less a hub on Duran Duran qualifies as one good HubPages pal. And equally, being able to overlook harsh words is a great sign of Hub-friendship.

I drink to ... well, everything ... but in this case, reconciled Hubbers, Democracy and maids employed in glass houses!

20. 516Ads profile image60
    516Adsposted 15 years ago

Uh - oh ... HUBpages is losing it's specialness with this amazing display of  childish negativity.. Out of respect for the Amy's and Stephanie Hicks, you should all do you're best to knock it off. You don't like someone's HUBBING, don't read it. You disagree, say why respectfully. This crap between bright minds is just egos doing battle for what?  HUBpage points . YIPPEEE.

As long as you're happy with what you're writing, that's all that matters.

As far as SEXY HUBS, that's up to HUBpages. It's their playground. For the umpteenth time, it's the hypocrisy that bothers me. They do like SEXY HUBS, they do like HOT HUBS, yet they try to be portray like they don't. I greatly dislike when people think they can play everyone for stupid.

Stop fighting, Start HUBBING. Morons:),

21. DJ Funktual profile image76

It's no big deal guys. 

Some People like Forrest Gump, some people like Pulp Fiction. 

I don't say that the Gump people are stupid, but I do say that Gump is a stupid movie.

If you chose to be offended then I guess I am sorry.  Not my intent.

If I said 'brainless Gump lovers', I wouldn't expect anyone who likes it to think i'm insulting them either.   I'm stereotyping people who like the movie in that case to illustrate an emphatic point.  My Mom likes it.  But she also doesn't know anything about movies.  But I'm not calling her brainless.

I think that we're having this argument because the Gump people tend to oversimplify things with their own baggage attached. 

It's not a pissing contest believe me.

It's Friday Night and I got a life so good luck sorting it everyone.

WAR IS OVER if you want it - J. Lennon

22. Stooge profile image69
    Stoogeposted 15 years ago

Just in case someone misunderstands my last post, in no way I mean that it is bad to pay to someone for writing or publish good reviews written by others giving proper credits or post just a link or video if it is useful to someone.

1. Misha profile image63

I thought you told you are outta here? Or sanity already prevailed? wink

Anyway, that's not the point. Are you implying that people who are not writers have no business talking about originality and quality? Or I did not understand you correctly?

23. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I like your hairs there Amy smile
    Realy, very nice and  - ah! - sexy pic big_smile

24. DJ Funktual profile image76

There you go.   Why be offended when there are so many better things to be.

25. SweetiePie profile image82

I am no longer offended.  Like I said I am overly sensitive and there were a few things your were saying that were just getting annoying that day.  I always appreciated when you wrote about the musicians for me.  I am sorry you went to the trouble of writing that Duran Duran Hub since it was not your thing.  It was nice of you to do that.

26. DJ Funktual profile image76

BTW I am a Pisces through and through.

Overly sensitive artsy type living in an imaginary world half the time.
    Explains the acting career as well. 

I'd love to know what she meant about the Sagitarrius though.

27. Cailin Gallagher profile image66
    Cailin Gallagherposted 15 years ago

You guys are just awesome!  You fight, and fight, but you all eventually agree.  Just like great artists! Writers are artists and we are so emotional.  But, we are also incredibly sensitve, caring, and understanding.  I'm proud to be in your company.

1. DJ Funktual profile image76

Yeah, cause we also went to the bathroom, ate whatever and reality set in.  Oh wait.  This is a waste of energy for everyone.  There's real battles going on elsewhere.  Humbling moments should be frequent I believe.

28. Angela Harris profile image68
    Angela Harrisposted 15 years ago

DJ, you're a Pisces, really? You don't seem like it. Oh well, welcome to the club, as I've been a member longer than you I believe.
    And there's my post for Hub points. I've been gone in Las Vegas and my freaking score dropped about 4 frigging points. Those points are easy to lose, but dang difficult to get back!

29. DJ Funktual profile image76

3/11/1971   all prime numbers too.   weird.

They even made a band to celebrate my birth.  You may have heard of them..

a band called......311

Hey DJ, I did not mean anything negative by saying you were a Sag.  They are great fun, passionate people who have a tendency to say things so honestly (and innocently) that they get themselves into trouble on occasion. I like to guess people's signs. Gets me into trouble on occasion.
      I am a pisces  too - I share my birthday with Angela.   smile

DJ -

1971 divided by 3  = 657 big_smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm a Sag smile

1. stephhicks68 profile image87
          stephhicks68posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Since I've been lurking and not posting on this thread, I'll weigh in on this interesting diversion.  I'm on the cusp between Sag and Capricorn.  I like to think that I have the sensibilities of a Cap, with some of the fun nature of a Sag.  smile  (I'll read whichever horoscope appeals to me more on that particular day - LOL)

3. DJ Funktual profile image76

I wasn't worried with you Amy.  BTW I went to Dorsi's sexy hubber hub and your pic was SSSSSMOKIN"!!!

30. briannerose profile image60
    brianneroseposted 15 years ago

Wow, So many responses, I have been on hubpages for a few months. I have noticed an increase of poor quality hubs. I do agree that people should put more effort into writing instead of coping and pasting to a phonto gallery.(as Hp states not copied content) is this not copied content by building a photo gallery?? I know there has been a lot of name calling on here as I have read a few hubs. In fact I flaged a hub because the guy decided that he would be rude because people are stating their oppinions. I think the comment box is there for a reason. We all have different points of veiws and think differently. I am just saying how hard is it to actually do some writing with out the cursing and nude pics. I am also dissapointed with how some of these so called hubbers that say they are just trying to get traffic. Ok you get paid for traffic but at the same time write some content with your hubs. Not every one enjoys looking at hot chicks all the time. I understand some people love looking at these pics but there is alot of porn on the internet. Leave it on the other sites and off of hubpages. I just hope that one day these people will grow up and think like adults. After all I think they are still adults

1. profile image0
      RFoxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I wrote this comment on the Hub and I'm also posting it here....these are my thoughts:

I am a big believer in freedom of expression and censorship of literature of any kind is just wrong. I will always stand up for freedom of publication. If you don't like the first 2 lines of a Hub, then stop reading and don't read that particular Hubber's writing again.

The Hubs in question do not break the TOS, so people don't have to worry about losing Adsense revenue, so those Hubs deserve to stay.

And speaking of art and censorship. Do you think Michelangelo's David should be banned from public view? It is much more graphic than those "sexy" pics or how about Helmut Newton's photography? He is a well respected highly paid artist and he shoots actual nudes. (*gasp*)

It's the attempt at censorship that I am against here. Freedom of expression, whether you agree with the opinion stated or not, is important for society. smile

31. Mark Knowles profile image58

Just as a little tension reliever I will recap for those that think I have an opinion on what any one else writes smile

Several people are up in arms about the fact that there are what they consider to be low-quality hubs being produced that are "overshadowing" their serious work.

One of them (stooge) wrote a hub about it complaining about this.

Another of them (jyoti) came on to the forum and started this thread to advertise this hub.

Mark (me) pointed out that he found it funny and ironic that some one who was complaining about these hubs would then be copying short bursts of text from google or year-old press releases, turning them into hubs and calling them "serious writing."

One in particular was extremely low quality.

Stooge them held up his hands and said, "you are quite right, I will delete that hub."

Then did not delete the hub. And still has not.

Just for the record:

I don't care what anyone writes. I even joined the fanclub of the spammer who wrote a hub entitled, "Misha and Mark Knowles are condescending Vaginas." (Which we are)

I don't care if there are a bunch of "Half naked Indian Chick," hubs.

It does not adversely affect me.

If anything, it raises awareness of hubpages by driving traffic to the site.

What I do care about is a group of hubbers banding together in an effort to have certain hubs removed or split off from the rest of the site because they think it is "overshadowing," their "serious writing."

What I do find extremely funny is those same people's efforts to defend their own, what I consider to be poor quality work.

Ironic even. smile

1. briannerose profile image60
      brianneroseposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree, Hey when I first started with hubpages I had a hard time writing but all of my content is not copied, I did an artical for some one that was having trouble finding a lawyer but that was all. I try to keep my hubs informative and interesting. I have had a few hubs that were low quality I admit that. For some one to go off and get pissy because some one made a comment is pretty bad. Unfortanatly this happens in the real world as well, not just on hubpages. I know it is about the money and traffic but try to put some content in the hub.

By the way Mark I like your hubs they are great I have read a few.

1. Misha profile image63

So, let me get it straight.
        You have a few substandard hubs published yourself, and you feel it's OK to attempt to drive substandard (but within rules) hubs of other people off HP, right?

1. briannerose profile image60

All the traffic I get that is not HP related is mostly from people I already know I do not spam other sites just to get traffic. Also hubpages is not teh only source I get my traffic from. I feel that rules are in place for a reason and they should be followed.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
            Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

But HubPages wants us to get outside traffic. I don't think the majority of hubbers spam other sites... Those that do quickly find out it does them no favours.

2. funnebone profile image72
        funneboneposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I got all pissy because you created a HUB just to bitch about other HUBS. You complain about content or lack of then go and create an article that really is the exact same thing you bitch about. I believe you when you say you don't spam other sites because you have nothing to spam. Your three latest hubs sound like things you would say stoned when on a long car trip. All that is coming out of you and several other posters on here is pure envy. You not only want the fans and traffic others get , you desire that they don't maintain that level. ( see my blog on the & deadly sins...see, that is how you build traffic!)
        Briannerose I will write circles around you with or without cursing or inflammatory subjects. I will also get more traffic because I go outside of HUBpages and draw it back to myself instead of boohooing and wasting my time pointing fingers and crying " that isn't fair"

Well dear, the internet isn't fair....put that on one of your silly T-shirts!

I want that T-shirt! And on the back, I want it to say "And neither am I."

32. profile image58
    swapna.67posted 15 years ago

I am going to FLAG below HUB - Do You know the reason - Because Mr.Stooge has posted a Photo Of A GiRL lying down in Bikini and with her legs in a very exposing way. This is also a violation of Adsense Rules and TOS of hub pages. If he wants to CRITICIZE Galleries, why he is using the same thing. He has placed Adsense Ads near that Girl lying half naked.

Many people are commenting on this hub,but,why u people have not said about this. Here this Stooge is using tags "Galleris"AdultContent" and all sort of things to attract traffic for himself in this very hub itself.If HUB Pages administrator has to Bann someone it will be better to remove this HUB PAGE itself as an EXAMPLE
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Online-photo-ga … us-writers

33. SweetiePie profile image82

I am a Virgo/Libra cusp.  I really do not feel like either though smile.

34. 516Ads profile image60

Good morning. I'm a Sag .... what does that mean? Who am I? What am I? Help!!!

35. 516Ads profile image60

Stephanie, I never imagined you as a lurker ... that's sounds mysterious ... I just imagine you as a wonderful person who tries to do good where ever you  go.  My kind of person. Have a great day. - David

1. stephhicks68 profile image87
      stephhicks68posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Quite mysterious... yes.  One who reads and follows posts but doesn't jump into the muck.  smile

I'm off to a baseball game for my son now... no naked celebs will be there.  Only one Hot Hubber. LOL!

You are smart and sweet.  You do the right thing here smile.

36. 516Ads profile image60

Sweetie,

Mini-HUB request - What's a Virgo/Libra Cusp supposed to feel like? - David

Good hub idea, but I am not an expert on the Signs.  I guess I would have to do some research smile.

37. Crash Jones profile image59
    Crash Jonesposted 15 years ago

I'm of the two fishes ... and I have absolutely no idea what that means. Well, I know what they say it means, but I have serious doubts as to the validity of all insinuations made by and through astrology.

The cosmos is my friend, but I don't rely on my friends to define me.

Lol -the fish are supposed to be the most creative of all the signs, as well as emotional, idealistic and sensitive.  I used to do charts years ago for friends and after studying astrology for some time I decided that while it is fascinating, it is also pointless.  Some people do really fit their sign, but many do not.  smile

Cailin, you do sound like a classic Aries.   I can't even convincingly pretend to have those analytical qualities!   What cool numbers. smile

38. Cailin Gallagher profile image66

I'm an Aries---no surprise there. 
    My birthdate  is 4 5 6 7 ------ everything should be logical...think it through...look at all the angles...communicate effectively.

39. Rik Ravado profile image87
    Rik Ravadoposted 15 years ago

RFox has made a good point.  Its only because of Adsense we can't include nudity.  I'm desparately searching for real nudity on Hubpages but can't find any.

Are we saying hot chicks in swimsuits are nude or obscene?

While we on the subject I posted a hot pic of 'the Hoff' from Baywatch with hairy chest and tiny speedoes on my Weird Glamour Hub.  Does this count as nudity?  After all his nipples are on display.  Is this obscene? I accept the picture may offend some but obscene?.  No way.

Anyway, picture galleries without little or no text will get marked down in terms of HubScore.  Also the payout on picture galleries is pretty low.  One of my referrals has loads of swimsuit hubs and the payout is sometimes as low as 1c .

40. Cailin Gallagher profile image66

I agree for the most part about the astrological predictions.  We are all unique...thank God.  We run the full spectrum.  But, numerology (sp?) is fascinating.  I also have a great deal of family history dealing with reading cards, tea-leaves, ghost-stories etc.  Probably my pagan past creeping in to mess up my logic.  Good thing or I'd be way too serious. smile)

41. AdsenseStrategies profile image62
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 15 years ago

I am certainly no big believer in astrology, but I must admit that I do fit the profile of Pisces (as well as the monkey in Chinese year-ology :-) ).

42. embitca profile image84
    embitcaposted 15 years ago

I have decided I'm going to spend some time today going on a "thumbs up" spree. I'll be giving ye olde "THUMBS UP!" to all the Sexy Photo hubs I come across. Feel free to join me big_smile

1. Misha profile image63

I think I'll join you smile

43. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Did I ask anything about traffic?

And I specifically stressed we are talking about hubs that are *within the rules*.

Question not answered, sorry. Try again.

I think what we now know to be true is that Brianne is completely out of her depth here. She posts statements in ignorance (for example, the cheating allegation), declares e-death sentences on "substandard" writers - then admits she's posted substandard hubs, and denies counter-arguments that she either can't answer or doesn't want people to see.

At this point, she's a fish, this forum is a barrel and folks are "loaded for bear." Poor, lost Brianne is a goner. It's a lot like watching Clinton campaign; she's the only person in the U.S. who doesn't understand Obama has the nomination. I almost feel sorry for her and Brianne.

But not quite.

The sooner Brianne admits her mistakes and kow-tows to common sense, the sooner folks will move on to argue over more important matters ... like, "Who really is the curviest Indian starlet?" or "What's the most effective way to get rich off the Internet, just like the people who bought into pets.com and etoys and ... oops"

1. Misha profile image63

I think we get bored faster. Unless you keep us awake with a good dose of humor time to time - like this one smile

2. briannerose profile image60

First off I do not know to much about how things are run in the US because I do not live there, You talk about me writing statements of ignorance but maybe you should figure out where I am from first before assuming that I live in the states.

44. SweetiePie profile image82

Funnebone we know you all are cool and I paid homeage to you in my latest Hub.

45. AdsenseStrategies profile image62
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 15 years ago

I'm not sure I understand the logic of the original question on this thread --

Surely, unless you are signed up as either a fan of the person posting the gallery, or you are signed up to tags such as sexy girl, galleries, pics, etc., then do you even see these galleries?

Is traffic actually being horded by gallery posters as such? Does this have something to do with the scoring system for each hub?

(Maybe the answers lie somewhere here above, but the debate has become so ginormous, and I was only interested in passing anyway, to be truthful... still I'd be very happy to understand more about these questions that I am asking here).

And, to add another point, and on the other hand, isn't it somewhat undermining to hubpages as a whole, given that Google ranks based on textual content, and is blind to pics, so reads these pages as having a small amount of text content........?

46. funnebone profile image72
    funneboneposted 15 years ago

We just assumed you were writing from a state of ignorance

47. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

I don't think anyone here assumed that you are from US. And it doesn't take superbrains to know that you are from Canada. smile
    Best Regards

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)