jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Best Advice for Someone New to Hubpages

1. nickhov profile image60
    nickhovposted 6 years ago

I'm new to Hubpages (joined 2 weeks ago, 4 hubs). I'm trying to get some advice from some more experienced users. I've published a hub to help myself and other new users. Please leave any advice as a comment. I'm also hoping this will help me network with other users and find some experienced users I can follow going forward. Thanks for the help.

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The best way to network with other hubbers is to go out and interact with them.  Go read some people's hub's, leave meaningful comments on the ones that speak to you.  Participate in the community (here in the forums and in comments), and you will find people do so in return.  You have to give to get, especially in the beginning when nobody has met you yet.

2. waynet profile image48
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Like others have said, read all the FAQ's and the hubs that have helped others, use the forum search to dig and uncover some great discussions and write what you know and what you are interested about.

Don't get sucked into the forums too much or you may decide to have a paddy over a discussion and close your account....

Do more writing....

Lots of coffee....

Keep snacks away from your computer....

Write again.....

Try to fit in some sleep once a week.....

Identify the sock puppets and stay clear.....

Write some more....

Go on holiday......

Eat some frozen peas and have a dance.....

nickhovposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I definitely agree with the coffee part. Thanks for the advice.

2. nickhov profile image60
    nickhovposted 6 years ago

Thank you so much for the advice. I was just going through your vampire spoof hubs and got quite a laugh. I'll make sure I take a look at some more.

3. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

Step 1: Close your HubPages account
    Step 2: Sign Back up under my referral code
    Step 3: Write lots of Hubs that make money

That would be a great way to make at least friend on here smile

I'm unfamiliar with the referral program. What does referring someone get you?

4. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

it helps to read all of the HP guidelines and FAQ, read hubs from topics that interest you. if you want you can follow certain categories and those hubs will show up on your feed.
    the Need Help forum also has some good advice.

there are many hubs here to read. it's like having a huge library. just pick your topic and have fun.

5. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages.

I agree with RebekahElle - read the FAQ & Guidelines. 

Use the search box up top to search for useful Hubs on various topics.

I read through the FAQ & Guidelines and they answered many of my questions. Thanks for the advice.