jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Drawback of Author Score - People who post uninsightfully in forums

1. Kapalbility profile image60
    Kapalbilityposted 6 years ago

I've been hubbing for around two months now (that is, removing the months of inactivity) and what I've noticed is that when you ask a question, only a few answer with a really helpful one.

I've posted five, maybe six questions and all of them have answers that are almost useless. Not spam, however, still useless.

If it is possible, we can like add a thumbs up or thumbs down to forum replies, so that people won't post just for the hubscore, but to actually add value to the forums. What do you think hubbers? Maybe the developers can do something about this, too. (Like what they did with enabling floating the text capsules to the right -- me like.)

1. MKayo profile image90
      MKayoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good point, great Hub about (Enter Subject here). I gave you a "Thumbs Up" and am now following you. I would appreciate if you did the same for me.

Actually, your post brings up a good point. There are so many empty comments from folks trying to increase Hub Scores. Do you think the developers are listening?

2. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

Hey Kap, nice to meet you.

I'm sorry, what was the question?

had to buddy come on lol

1. Kapalbility profile image60
      Kapalbilityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Haha. I was just upset in not getting enough good answers.

3. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Or what about we just believe in lepracauns and run around saying how do you do!!

I don't think forums posts should be rated as most of it is fun or serious discussion and it's the hubpages that make the site really.

4. 0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago

my hubscore always goes down after being active in the forums.

5. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

At least one of the questions (threads) you posted was clear as mud. You got pretty good answers, anyway. Your arrogance in posting now is revealing.

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Now THIS is a post I'd give a thumbs up to!

6. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

"You take  the good, you take the bad, you take them both and then you have...." big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

All posts add value.  It's up to the reader to determine what that value is. neutral

7. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

this one sucks

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 6 years ago in reply to this

8. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

If possible I always leave as informative and in depth comment as possible or otherwise refer the questioner to a hub that covers the topic. Sorry if I missed your questions. smile

I know Marisa Wright generally leaves great answers on any questions she visits.

9. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I believe on Youtube, the answers are ranked and then the answers are sorted with the highest ranking at the very top.

Something to consider - the better the answer - it would only be fair to give a higher recognition.

Would save us allot of time on the forum and be able to hit the hard answers fast and furious - possibly a quicker way to learn the ropes.

Additionally, the answers that are given thumbs down still exist but you must click to view - they are hidden initially.