jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Comments and Feedback

1. Beth100 profile image85
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

Just an idea, but to help improve the fluidity of leaving comments on other hubbers' hubs and returning to read the response of the hubber, is it possible to create a loop that notifies us that our comment has been responded to. 

I find that after reading hubs, leaving comments and returning a day or more later to read the responses, it takes quite a bit of time to check each hub I commented on.  Personally, I leave comments on ever hub that I read.  However, not every hubber responds.  As a result, this makes the return visit moot. 

What I'm thinking of is similar to the notification that you receive in Facebook.  It's unobtrusive, and allows you to select what is of interest for you to read.  I would suggest that the notifications would be good for responses to comments, requests for hubs, questions posed and so forth.  It would be advantageous to have an icon that is on the home page or on the top ribbon rather than through email. 

Could I get some feedback from fellow hubbers and HP as to whether this is even feasible?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd like to see an optional feature - like that often provided on blogs or forums, where you can tick a box to be notified if further comments are received.

That way Hubbers who aren't expecting a reply don't get bombarded with unwanted emails, but those who care will be notified.

2. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

That would be a great feature! I know other sites that do that and I love it! I would also love it if someone would leave me some comments! heehee

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

But how would the system know that a particular comment was aimed at a user?

It's been raised before and I think it would take too much work to implement.

3. Beth100 profile image85
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

A tick box would work.  I think that avoiding the email is the best; not everyone checks their email and it's easy to lose it in the inbox.

An icon or rollover at the top of the ribbon would work.

As for how the program would know that it is your comment being responded to, it would run a similar script as when you press "your" in the forums to read only your responses.  In this case, it lists all the responses since your entry.  Feedback in the comment boxes could be the same.  There could be a termination line that if you click on it, then it does not appear in the short list.

This would save time, at least for me.  I could use the time to write and read more hubs.  smile

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

This has been requested a few times before, the suggestions I like best are structure comments (Reply to comment) starting threads within comments so to speak.

Or have a page in your account which shows any Hubs which have been commented on after you, thus allowing you to pick and choose hubs where you might have an active conversation going.

However, I have no idea how feasible it would be ti implement either of these methods.

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But we have that now.  If you click on "Comments you made", you see the number of comments made in the last 4 hours, etc.

That's what I use to see if I need to go back.

1. Beth100 profile image85
        Beth100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I use that too.  But I'd like to see it taken one step further where there is in indication that there is a response to your comment.  Currently, it lists the hubs you comment on and the number of comments on that hub.  Sometimes, the number indicates that there could be a response, but when you go there, it is a new comment, not a response.  I'd like a way to discern the difference between responses and new comments.