jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Pop Ups on Hub Pages

1. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/437/thumbs/3776021144_b.jpg
    View at EasyCaptures.com

As part of this ad:

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/437/thumbs/5717287889_b.jpg
    View at EasyCaptures.com

Blacklist:

h ttp://ad.amgdgt.com/ads/?t=c&s=AAAAAQAUMIH_zvqDhZIDMMSXlZ25YbAyO5xnZW8sdXNhLHQsMTI4Mjc5MTk3MTUzNixjbGt1cmwsaHR0cDovL3N1cnZleS5xdWVzdGlvbm1hcmtldC5jb20vc3Vydi83MTg1MjYvYWlfc3RhcnQucGhwP3NpdGU9MiZmcm9tX2VjPTAsYywyNjQwNjUscGMsNDc0MzIsYWMsMTIyOTQwLG8sVDQtQTAsbCwzNzk4MQo-&j=

destination:

h ttp://survey.questionmarket.com/surv/718526/newai.php?st_ok=y&validation_err=&site=2&from_ec=0&member_id=246957162

2. fetty profile image76
    fettyposted 6 years ago

We cannot read what you have written sunforged. It appears to be computer language. Yesterday, I had a pop up on Hubpages but I can't remember the time or the situation, sorry. I remember Thinking , how weird.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sunforged is letting us know about this advert and below it he gives us the link we need to add to our adsense accounts if we don't want it displayed on our hubs.

(I think?)

3. sunforged profile image63

Almost!

Its not an adsense ad - the links are for HP staff, they are quick about removing pop-ups, but they have to know who to block.

Im not sure if they do it by destination ID or campaign # or both so I provided both.

It is kind of funky how the text was never broken and continues way off the page!

Ah ok that makes sense. I wasn't aware HP staff did that. big_smile

Learn something new every day...

1. sofs profile image87
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't these ads help the hubber, why would they want to  remove revenue earners?
        I am asking for clarification here , cant understand this too clearly

Basically they are annoying.

By removing them from the list of adverts displayed, less annoying adverts will take their place.

1. sofs profile image87
            sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Aren't all ads annoying?? I thought they were  a necessary evil.
            I had an adsense advert  of a skull on one of my hubs and it would give me the creeps everytime I looked at it?

I'll agree adverts are annoying but it's how we make money.

However this particular one appeared to be one of those "mouse over" and it pops up kind of ones which hubpages usually weeds out. So we end up with less annoying adverts. :-)

If an advert really annoys you there is a place in adsense to stop it showing on your hubs you just need to type the address in the ban list.

4. sunforged profile image63

I didnt even mouse over - I had received a new comment and was looking at it, the "new comments" link brings you right to the bottom of the page, but I couldn't even see the comment because a pop up was floating over it.

5. fetty profile image76
    fettyposted 6 years ago

sunforged , I am the most computer illiterate around. So tonite at 11:51 I had the black and red pop-up on my computer as I was looking at my comments page too. Safecount.net is the sponsor. How do I report this? and to whom ?

1. sunforged profile image63
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I expected hp staff to see this thread, but the recommended method is to mail team@hubpages.com with the details for any problems related to the site.

working