jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

we have a new ad unit here? microsoft ad?

1. cyberwriter profile image41
    cyberwriterposted 6 years ago

beside those four affilate programs, we have that new ad appear on our pages, which is from microsoft ad center, did you notice? seems that we don't get a share of the revenue? what's your opinions?

1. TerryGl profile image61
      TerryGlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That doesn't surprise me. This type of thing has been going on for years.

And, if you don't like it, you will soon be told to go somewhere else.

That apparently is how you run a website. We learn something new every day.

Hi Paul!!

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

In their 40% of impressions, hubpages often experiment with different advertisers to see what works best.

1. jacobkuttyta profile image47
      jacobkuttytaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

that is great!

1. sofs profile image86
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep trying  out new stuff means good news for hubbers in the long run I guess!!

2. cyberwriter profile image41
      cyberwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah, i understand this, i hope we will have one more affiliate option, that would be great.

3. Richieb799 profile image67
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

If it works out well for hubpages and we have the option of another affilate everyone will be singing Hubpages praises again

Here is what I found when I typed in MSN advertising

3. quicksand profile image82
    quicksandposted 6 years ago

I too noticed some such ad formations a couple of weeks ago on some of my hub pages, and then I discovered that they appear on some of the pages of other members too. Two sets of ads really. Does not interfere with G-ads but resembles them. I thought I had missed some news alert from Admin.

4. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

It is just advertiser testing, I assume the Hubpages team are simply looking at further methods to increase monetisation of the website. 

If it is successful you never know, it might be rolled out as an option to the rest of us.