Is it a good idea to show images as a slideshow?

1. ross670daw profile image79
    ross670dawposted 6 years ago

I am just wondering if it's better to allow your readers to view  images as a slideshow or not, I've had some slideshow views, but, does allowing that, take readers away from your hub. I know Hubpages counts those views separately, but does it encourage readers to then just leave your hub. What I mean is, does this shorten the length of time people stay on your hub and increase the bounce rate, leaving after just looking at the images. Has anyone tested this?

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I don't go out of my way to do slide shows. What is a good idea is to place the pictures as thumbnails which (from what I've seen) allows the reader to just click a thumb nail to see the next picture and still stay on the hub.

However you still get adsense clicks from slide views...

1. ross670daw profile image79
      ross670dawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi WryLilt, Ok, I was just thinking  that readers might simply view the slides then move on, not staying to read the rest of the hub, I had placed an image in the first text/image capsule at the top of the page and saw that I was getting lots of slide views, then thought , that's maybe not a good idea, it might encourage them to just click to see the slides, now I don't put images there at all., better for adsense anyway. I will try using thumbnails and see how that goes. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question WryLilt.