jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

i got a problom

1. profile image60
    kyanaposted 6 years ago

hi hub pages i got a big problom. you see i've been wanting to be in a pageant for a long time. my mom said no well how do i get my mind off of pageants. thats all i think about now pageants please give me an anser. if you do thank you

1. luvpassion profile image59
      luvpassionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Kyana. I had the same problem. At first I would enter school pageants, my mother was uncomfortable because of the swimsuit competition. I would wear less reveling swimwear, this woud placad her some.

I started entering pagents that offered college scholorships as rewards. This was also helpful. The thing is to explain calmly to your mom the benifits of a pageant besides the obvious. If she still refuses, you should try for the cheerleading squad, flag corp or any number of school activities to show her how mature you are. Good luck.

Teri

2. kmackey32 profile image80
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

kyana, how old are you?

3. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Find out why your mom says no. Explain to her that this is your dream. Ask her why she would want to prevent you from pursuing your dream. Ask her if her dreams were ever discouraged and how that made her feel. I think you can convice her, if you don't let your emotions overcome what I think are valid arguments. Good luck hun!

2. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 6 years ago

I always wanted to be in a pageant too, but my mum said grow up and have a shave you lousy lay about!!

1. kmackey32 profile image80
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

HAHAHA

2. luvpassion profile image59
      luvpassionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

3. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

this (and the Duggars) is exactly why the TLC channel should go off the air immediately!

Closed to reply

working