jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Uploading photographs

1. lambservant profile image94
    lambservantposted 6 years ago

I am getting very frustrated with uploading photos. The uploading about 60% of the time takes forever and the wheel just keeps spinning on into eternity. I have tried keeping the photos small or compressing them if they are too big, and I make sure they are jpg, gif, and whatever the other one is, but half the time they are not uploading in a timely manner. I am talking over 1/2 hour or more. What am I doing wrong?

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

probably nothing, its  a commonly reported error.

Using IE tends to exacerbate the problem, waiting a half hour is pointless, if it doesnt work in a minute or so, just hit refresh and try again.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I mostly use Chrome and while I am uploading a picture it keeps telling me the progress in terms of percentage. So makes it kind of easy for me to see how much time is remaining.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same with me. Chrome uploads in a matter of seconds in most cases.

Another tip I saw somewhere - save as unpublished then go back in and edit. For some reason this makes photos upload faster as well.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Nothing. It is systemic, most likely. If using IE, I recommend trying Firefox or Chrome. It may be temporary. You should know that many users have reported problems with photo uploads, most of which were solved by switching browsers. You can search the forums for previous threads.

3. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Size of photo makes a huge difference.   I use Picasa 3, it has a very neat feature that exports photos specifically for up loading.   It works like a miracle, I upload 3, 4, or 5 photos at a time and it never takes more than 3 or 4 minutes.

Use firefox, Picasa 3, export the photos before uploading, contol the size to 800 K and it makes them all smaller and optomized for original quality.   Works great.

4. nicregi profile image65
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

I got to agree with Chrome is great when uploading picture. Nearly no problem at all uploading with Chrome.

However, experience some problem with IE. Normally just close and save the hub. Reopen back will just solve the matter. big_smile

5. lambservant profile image94
    lambservantposted 6 years ago

What is chrome and how do I use it? sorry, I have never heard of it before.

6. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Google Chrome is an internet browser, an alternative to Firefox or Internet Explorer among others.

You can download it from Google Chrome's website or as a portable version from portableapps.com. The portable version allows you to try it without leaving any trace on your computer, so if you don't want to keep it you can just delete the directory. The regular version will change your computer's registry, but can of course be uninstalled anytime.