jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

People are not punching bags!

1. purpleangel47 profile image60
    purpleangel47posted 6 years ago

My latest hub spotlights domestic violence. There's soooo much information out there, I really wanted to hit home without overstimulating.
    I'm open to critique.
    http://hubpages.com/profile/purpleangel47

2. Chick With Brains profile image60
    Chick With Brainsposted 6 years ago

You should Write more on the statisi=tical side of things,such as:1 in 5 women are abused every day

purpleangel47posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I thought about that Chick With Brains, but I didn't feel it was personal enough. My goal was to hit home (pardon the pun) Statistics are always out there and I worry that people may be desensitized to what they actually mean. I wanted people to feel what domestic violence is.
      Thank you so much for taking the time.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

If you are talking about the domestic violence IQ hub, job well done. I don't live far from Torrington, so the Tracy Thurman case rang some bells with me.

I have only one suggestion... When you get to the quiz part, you have the quiz flush right and the feed/links flush left. It actually left me sitting there trying to figure out where to "test my IQ." If you want to lead people to your other hubs, you've done a good job. If you want people to take the poll, you might want to put it to the left.

Really good though.

Oh goodness .... thank you Irohner .... I will take your suggestion. I'd never created a quiz before and even though I let some time lapse between actually creating the quiz/hub and publishing, I still wondered how it would read to other people.
      Thank you for taking the time!

4. SteveoMc profile image92
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I think the quiz is a neat feature.  Information seems solid.   Not bad altogether.

Thank you for taking the time SteveoMc!

working