jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Keywords and tags

1. nicregi profile image64
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

Just a small question when writing a hub. Do you use mixture of specific and broad keywords or just specific keywords?

Thanks in advance!

1. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes i mix the broad keywords and  specific keywords.for tags and keywords that should be used in hub take help of this link this will tell you which tag is most searched

2. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

This is how I find my keywords, click on global monthly searches after it displays the results and it will put them in order of popularity

https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … earch.none

3. joaniemb profile image61
    joaniembposted 6 years ago

I start with some keywords from the title. Personally I do not do much research. I do use the suggested keyword tool that HP offers. Even though I do not do much research I still have quite a bit of traffic everyday. Maybe just lucky I don't know for sure.
    Best of luck to you.

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Great answers above, however here's the more complicated version.

Using tags can create backlinks to your article so use tags that have only approx 5-10 other hubs (on the whole of hubpages) with that tag.
    That will place you on the top page of tags which will create another link to your hub. Obviously using the tag "cars" wouldn't be very smart because there'd be pages of hubs with the tag. However something like "blue ford cars" might not have as many.

(to see the page of hubs I'm referring to, simply click on the name of the tag you want to check - not on the red cross. smile)

Check out this hub for more information: http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Traffic-Use-of-Tags

1. 0
      Whikatposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is awesome, and exactly what I was looking for today. Thank you for the link and the tip. smile

5. nicregi profile image64
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

Thanks! WIll try it out smile