jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)

My user score (Hubber score) keeps rising but I traffic is pretty low

1. Iggy Sarducci profile image78
    Iggy Sarducciposted 6 years ago

I'm wondering if anyone knows why my user score keeps ascending when I'm getting little traffic and have one follower since day one. Maybe I should just be glad it's rising, but like many newbies, I am eager to understand this scoring system.

The details: In a week, my user score rose from 19 to 80 and it seems to keep rising. I posted 6 hubs in that time - mostly poetry, which I understand doesn't do so well on here. So I would expect some modest rise in the user score. But really? 61 points up with only about 3 to 4 views per day per hub?

And I am aware that the user score does not help us earn dinero and some say it only helps boost your ego. But I also get the sense that it helps boost your credibility among other Hubbers... which can only help towards getting views and followers and enjoying the community of the site.

Thanks in advance for any insights you can offer.

Iggy Sarducciposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nice... typo in the title! I meant "my traffic is pretty low."

1. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

maybe the bots just like your picture!?  I've never been able to figure out the scoring system - sometimes just publishing keeps it going up and sometimes publishing seems to bring it down - it is a question of averages, I think, more than high traffic etc.  Just don't worry to much about scores and have fun writing and posting in the forums and you'll do fine.  Unless, you're really interested in making money, that's something else with more attention to commercial hubs and keywords and marketing - something I can't get a handle on, but lots of other hubbers have good info for you on all that.

Thanks for the encouragement, mega1. Yeah, I think it's easy as a newbie to get obsessed with the numbers game.  wink

Eventually I want to earn some money here... but not until I am ready to work on commercially viable hubs and after I learn a lot more about SEO, backlinking, keywords, etc.

1. mega1 profile image79
            mega1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

its not just newbies!  I'm still obsessed with the score - when mine dipped today down to 98 I got annoyed - it was up at 100 for 2 whole days and then I published 2 more of my fiction hubs, so of course it went down because of the averaging thing- why that should bother me, I don't know!  silly

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The hubscore is based on a bunch of stuff that Hubpages wants you to do.  But if what you want is traffic and/or income, that's all you need to pay attention to.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Iggy, if you can figure out the hubber (profile) score you'll be the first!  No one really knows and it doesn't always make sense.  If I do nothing for a few days it goes up, then back down when I begin posting and publishing.  Go figure!

I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to it as long as it remains above 75 - below that figure your links become "no follow".

Heh, yeah, that's my impression. There's a lot of theory and mystery about that score. Yes, I'd read about the 75 no-follow thing, so I'm just grateful that it rolled above that for no apparent reason. Heh.

Just gotta chill... and let it do its crazy thing. I appreciated your take.

3. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

I'd like to add to the above that your hubber score does suggest one thing: you are a hubber.

1. Ivorwen profile image84
      Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think that is the biggest thing your score suggests.  You are obviously putting up original, quality content.  Your work is being read, not just glanced at for a few seconds, even if the traffic is low.  big_smile

Thanks, Ivorwen. I hope that's true.

4. Richard Craig profile image74
    Richard Craigposted 6 years ago

On Tuesday morning I was a 91, then by the afternoon I was an 88!  I don't understand it either.  I'm back on track now though.

Man, you don't look much over 30 from your profile pic.   wink

1. Richard Craig profile image74
        Richard Craigposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Much over 30!!!  I'm 20!!! lol

Heheh, actually that sounds about right. But your big Hubscore blocks half your face so it's hard to tell. I didn't want to say 20 if you were 40.

Yes, I'm proud of my big hubscore.  I still need another digit though.

1. 0
              klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine dropped from a 96 to a 93, but I brought it back up to 95 I think it is? Not sure.

1. 0

You just have to participate in forums, read other hubs and leave comments. Getting a high overall score is the easy part, now getting a high score on your hubs - that's another story!

True.  You are a 95 BTW. lol

1. 0

Yes, I noticed after I posted. LOL

2. Iggy Sarducci profile image78

Thanks for the advice, klarawieck. It does seem challenging.   -Iggy

1. Donnacha C profile image82
                    Donnacha Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

86 it`s a good score I would think.....

you have one more follower as well, best of luck!

working