jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Accolades not showing up?

1. Mom Kat profile image83
    Mom Katposted 6 years ago

I follow a hubber who didn't get their accolade for answering 10 hubs until 6 hours after he gave the magical 10th answer.

Myself, I'm at 1,084 views and I still have not gotten my accolade for having my hubs viewed over 1,000 times.

When do the accolades kick in/refresh - or whatever you want to call it?  Is this a manual thing, so it takes time? or is it computer generated on a counter or something?

Thank you for taking the time to read & offer your insight.

2. nicregi profile image64
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

From my experience, it could take until 1 day max.

I remember i got my first badge only after the next day...

3. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

HubPages has fairly small staff. I think they do a great job of updating stats, among all of the other things they do.
    Six hours is pretty fast on something like that. I would not expect it to happen that fast.

Mom Katposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh I understand they are small staffed & I do think they do a wonderful job.
      I was just wondering if the accolades are done "by hand" or by a computer generated system that auto updates.

If it is done by hand, then it makes sense things will be adjusted during "working hours", and may take a while.

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I believe they are updated every 24 hours at a set time of day.

5. Michael Willis profile image79
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

There use to be more 'accolades' or recognition for accomplishments on HP but that has changed and it is less now.

The bottom line is the money you can make here. Guess that is best way. I no longer look for accolades from HP. I only look to see if I get the outside traffic and make money from it.

When you look at a person's profile page the accolades can tell you a lot about the quality of the writer.
      Someone who has been a member for 12 months, written 9 hubs, and only has the "member for over a year" accolade
      -v-
      Someone who has been a member for 12 months, written 50+ hubs, and has 6+ accolades.

The second hubber looks like a far more reliable and interesting person to follow.  Don't you think?

Establishing that you are an active and productive member of the hubpages community only stands to increase your traffic (both in and out) which thereby increases your potential earnings.

1. Michael Willis profile image79
        Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That can go many ways. You make contacts in the forums whether good or bad can affect that.  The bottom line is the outside of hubpages. These people make you money. Cliques in HP can get you many awesomes, usefuls, but that does not make any money!!!

The benifit of increasing your "in HP" traffic :
          1. to increase your ranking, thereby causing you to be a more reliable/believable source of information.
          2. to increase your popularity within the HP community - other hubbers may be compelled to share, link, or email your hub to friends and/or family outside of HP - thereby getting you more "out" traffic.

... this isn't even what the forum topic is about & I don't want to get too off subject here.
          Some people like getting accolades while others may think they are "no big deal".

This thread was started to clear up the timeframe of when they are generally awarded so that myself and others in the future would have a better understanding of the tmeframe.

Thank you for your input Michael. I wish you a wonderful day & happiness to last a lifetime.

working