jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Username and Url?

1. Pat C. Carter profile image61
    Pat C. Carterposted 6 years ago

Hello there, I have just opened up a new account and am wondering what to do with regards to my username and the urls that I had to provide with google, ebay, amazon etc.

You see, my username has spaces!! it is Pat C. Carter ...so in the url I just put all lower case for my name and closed up the spaces...trouble is I dont think it will work...I dont think it will get recognised.....or will it?

Any info please?

Many thanks

Patricia

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/profile/Pat+C.+Carter , this is url of your profile page...

1. Pat C. Carter profile image61
        Pat C. Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OMG so I have done it wrong!! does that mean I have to re-register with google, ebay, amazon all over again?...or can I correct this in anyway?

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There's more bad news coming your way, sorry but:

- To be approved by AdSense, you should have written a number of decent quality Hubs, or chances are your application will be declined;

- EBay, to the best of my knowledge, does not accept signups for HubPages - only if you have your own website;

- Amazon, you may be able to fix this. Chances are they will decline your application or request further information.

Hopefully this helps.

2. pisean282311 profile image59
          pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i already had adsense and amazon accounts before i joined hubpages so i cannot comment on application part..i just gave you your profile url...but i do agree with examiner..how would adsense approve on something which they cannot check?..you got to have few hubs which are qualitative so that adsense can moniter ...

2. earner profile image86
      earnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As a general rule of thumb, I'd always advise anybody to avoid all spaces in names/filenames/etc, because they can cause problems with various systems.  So, either leave spaces out all together in the future when creating usernames, or names, or use a hyphen or underscore instead.

Not much help now, I'm afraid, but a tip for the future.

Good luck hubbing!

2. profile image0
    askpowersposted 6 years ago

Welcome to hubpages...
    If you are serious to get adsense then you must have to spend some time over here.. like more than 10 hubs and 6 months are needed to let you make your adsense otherwise your account will be rejected.

Amazon is also good option but you should prefer to improve your hubs first. Even I am also doing that...

Cheers,

working