jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

The Magic Economic Stimulus Tax Rebate

1. 0
    ColdWarBabyposted 8 years ago

I was just curious.  Has anyone gotten this money yet?  Everyone I and my wife have spoken with is still waiting.  It was originally indicated that anyone who e-filed would get a direct deposit in no time at all.  That was supposed to happen at the beginning of May.  So now I'm wondering if the whole thing is a sham.  Like the pallets of cash that vanised in Iraq or the money that was sent to New Orleans after Katrina.
    So, if anyone knows anything, give a shout.
    R.W. Posner

2. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

ROFL! smile Please don't fall for it. I don't think its not another 419.

Try this. http://hubpages.com/hub/Hotels-And-Real … -Technique

Best Regards

3. Marye Audet profile image90
    Marye Audetposted 8 years ago

we got ours on schedule. You can check at irs.gov

4. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Marye, beat me too it. Ha. You can check to see when yours is expected. It's not a sham; my mom knows a bunch of people who have gotten theirs. Just watch out, I saw on Yahoo News that a bunch of people didn't get the extra $300 for kids, whether from pure government mess up or their own fault by not claiming them on their taxes, I dunno.

5. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

I received my check on Tuesday and I put it into my saving account for future use.

6. dineane profile image84
    dineaneposted 8 years ago

We received ours...and spent it already! We splurged way too much on an over-due weekend at the Outer Banks. Everytime we paid another cab or dinner check, my husband muttered, 'Oh well, we're stimulating the economy."

7. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

I got mine...

and paid off some debt with it.