jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Deception or Truth?

1. EnergyAdvisor profile image77
    EnergyAdvisorposted 6 years ago

Is it better to get something worthwhile done using deception than to fail to get something worthwhile done using truth?

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

it depends on what one values more..i wont go for deception not because i am saint but i want to be at peace with myself..it is pure selfish emotion which makes me not opt for deception...

2. jeri741 profile image60
      jeri741posted 6 years ago in reply to this

wow that one really makes a person think. I always try to be as truthful as I can be. But there have been times when I have used alittle deception to get good works done. Mostly to help out a good cause .But it does make you feel alittle guilty doing this.And I try not to I just don't like the lie or deception over my head. So I guess it depends on if you can live with the deception.

2. Ben Evans profile image74
    Ben Evansposted 6 years ago

I think there are many dishonest people.  What is worthwhile for some people is not worthwhile for others. 

Deception is something that "decieves" someone else.  Our grand idea of something that is worthwhile may step on the toes of others.  I already know many people are dishonest and self serving so this is just part of life.  It is what it is.

......but is it right or okay?  No, it isnt.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

The point is if it worthwhile to the liar then it is okay for the liar but not okay for the person or persons being decieved.