jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Can I put Hubbers profile links in my hub?

1. Aiden Roberts profile image89
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

Hi all

I haven't been around much due to illness, hub writing and working on my blogs. My hub karma is suffering but there you go.

I am writing a hub and I want to refer to other hubbers, my question is; can I put a link to their profiles in my hub, I know I can link to their hubs which I will do but I want to point people at their profile pages.

Is this OK or is it in breach of TOS, I have looked but can't find anything saying I can or I can't.

Thanks in advance:)

1. thooghun profile image86
      thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't see why not as long as its relevant to the topic. I've seen a number of successful hubs do this.

Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks thooghun

I am sure I have to but I have this niggling doubt that it's not allowed, don't know why, probably me being over cautious.

Thanks again

1. sofs profile image88
          sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am not sure if you can link profiles of others ; hubs are allowed this is what the learning center says on the hub tool

The link suggestion tool is a tool for your Hubs that makes it easy to add links to your other Hubs, other authors' Hubs, and topic pages. To use the link suggestion tool, sign in to HubPages and navigate to one of your Hubs. You will see a button near the top of the page that says "suggest links." Click on the button to reveal link suggestions for your Hub, as well as more detailed instructions for using the tool. The link suggestion tool can be used to improve your HubKarma.

Thanks sofs, I use the link suggestion tool for associated hubs but would really like to mention some of the hubbers who have really helped me.

I guess I will just go for it and see what happens.
            Thanks again.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

yes, is the answer. I've read numerous hubs with profile links to other hubbers. you can find quite a few of them in the Hubpages Tutorials and Community hubs Topic.
    http://hubpages.com/topics/hubpages-tut … unity/2912

Wow thanks you have saved my bacon, I have started putting these links in and was worried I would have to take them all out again.

Great Thanks smile smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

you're welcome! it's always nice to get an answer when you need it. I know the feeling. smile

working