jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How can I improve my hubs, traffic, increase my followers...

1. leni sands profile image84
    leni sandsposted 6 years ago

Hi I've been on hubpages for a couple of months now and thought I was doing quite well.  I've gradually increased the number of hubs but my score is dropping. I was quite excited when I got to 92 but it has since dropped to 90 again.  My karma is up to 89. My followers seem to have got stuck at 54 was 55 but I know that one person has deleted himself from hubpages, so I know why that dropped. I do a bit of hub hopping and commenting. I seem to be following the world and his wife.  I visit the forums as often as I can and join in.  What am I doing wrong?  Can you have a look at my hubs and give me an honest opinion?  Thank you

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

The polite etiquette is to post one or two hubs for review - asking people to look at all your hubs can be a little confusing with feedback and also a bit much for the reader. smile

What are you looking to do? Make money? The creative writing section is one of the few that is known for making little or no money.

If you are looking to make money you need to learn about SEO, keywords and realize that hubscore and followers have little or nothing to do with earning.

If you are here just to write, then you are doing well. Keep interacting on the forums, comment on other's hubs and you will get there.

Either way remember that hub/hubberscore is only an indicator based on many things and actually does little more than keep spammers from using the site to backlink. New hubs will usually push your score down a little since average hubscore is also used to calculate hubberscore.

leni sandsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I didn't mean to be impolite just wanted someone to cast an eye over one or two hubs in general.  Are they too adverty? Too whatever? Not user friendly, that kind of thing.

3. leni sands profile image84
    leni sandsposted 6 years ago

Thanks that is so helpful.  I just want to share my writing.  I'm not really here to make money.  I like reading other peoples creative writing and sharing ideas.  I have never really understood the adsense thing or the affiliates or how they work mainly because I'm not really interested in that side of it.  Thanks for the quick response.

4. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Ryan Kett has a lot of good hubs which teach about improving traffic, earnings and technical info

and two of my favorite creative writers are Ken R Abel and H.C Porter..you can search for them in the search box yourself tongue

and as far as followers go, it is more important that you concentrate on your writing skills and they can follow naturally..however following in my opinion has become quite arbitrary because people join and see it as a competition and not a bonus.

leni sandsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks I'll take a look

1. 0
        wicklesscandlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Richie, I will take a look also.

5. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 6 years ago

A hubber named Enlightened Soul has some good tips on how to get more traffic too!