jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

problem adding a table in a hub

1. Jasnav profile image85
    Jasnavposted 6 years ago

Hi!

I've been trying to post some data in my hub in the form of a table, but it keeps getting converted to standard text, with the formatting all gone.

Please help!

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

A bit more clarification would be good:

-Are you using the table capsule or the text capsule?
    -Are you writing the table manually or uploading it from your computer/another site?

Jasnavposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi and thanks for the reply!

I've been using the text capsule, pasting the table from MS Word. Is there a table capsule as well?

ok... I found it, but am still unable to paste data from the MS Word file on my laptop. All the options it seems to have is
      1. Feed data manually.
      2. Upload a csv file from the computer.
      3. Get data from the web.

I'm stuck again!

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your best option is to copy and paste it into excel, save the excel document as a .csv file (on the drop down list when you visit save as) and then upload it. That's how I've done it before. That should work!

That does sound like a fair bit of work, considering I like to support my hubs regularly with data. I'll have to shift all the data from the word file.

Anyways will try and work it out that way.

Thanks again for the guidance.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

In case you do not have Excel, you can use a free online service (Google Docs or Zoho) or the free Open Office program suite to import the Word file, then make the conversion to CSV.

Thanks there!

I do have Excel, that's not the problem.

But please do consider adding an option for pasting tables from word directly. It would make the job of adding additional data to support the hubs so much easier!

More so, the csv format does away with a lot of formatting options that add to the look and feel as well.

working