jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Are those groupon coupon ad links worth keeping?

1. Bill Manning profile image73
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I see a lot of my blogs get those damn groupon adsense ads. They seem to be all over the place. Does anyone know how much they get per click on them?

I've thought about blocking them, but should I keep them? I myself would never use them. hmm

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd leave them on Bill.  Groupon is fantastic in and around larger cities.  I use them all the time to visit new restaurants and for entertainment here in Chicago. Sometimes I get up to 80% off.

2. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 6 years ago

I'm sure some people would find them useful.  Although like the same tv commercial repeated constantly, it gets a bit tiresome and annoying.

The way it works is the discount increases as you tell your friends, they tell their friends etc. This is where the 'group' discount comes in.  I think there's an expiry limit (1 day).  Then they put up a new one.

They must have an ad server for each major city, with banner ads for each participating sponser constantly updated and presented to the web surfer, after having deciphered their IP address, so they only see ads for their nearest city.

3. Bill Manning profile image73
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Ok I guess I'll leave them on. It's just that when I have my ads set to both show text or pictures, I often get two or three groupon pictures on my page.

That does not give the viewers much choice if they wanted to see something different. I guess I could change the ads to just show text on my own sites.

Anyways thanks, I'll leave them for now. smile

4. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I have removed them, they don't seem to earn much, and while they might be targeted to cities, they are very much NOT targeted to my visitors.

I would rather have advertisements which are directly related to my visitors interests.

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, gives me something more to think about. I'm sure nobody is thinking about coupons when they come to my Orlando tourist site, which is where they show up.

In fact every single page there is always a link or two to them. So yeah I might take them down, I can't see how they would pay much. I'd rather get a Disney ad that pays much more.

Still not sure however, but thanks for your input. smile

5. talfonso profile image90
    talfonsoposted 6 years ago

I hate those Groupon ads with a passion! They are too irrelevant to my Hubs here, and that's why I blocked them out with the competitive ad filter!

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You know what's even worst? I just started seeing those "one trick to loosing belly fat" ads that show that cartoon girl getting slim.

What does that have to do with theme parks? Although most of the people who go to them do look like they need that ad,,,,,,,,,, tongue

1. thisisoli profile image56
        thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am getting that one too.  I have no idea how that relates to technology, nor do I personally search for weight loss things.

working