jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Does google rate edited hubs lower?

1. m920621m profile image74
    m920621mposted 6 years ago

When I wrote my hub on memory improvement books, I got ranked #3 for my keyword. However, the next day I checked it again, it was #145 or somewhere about that. I can't think of any reasons why that happened except that I had editted my hub a little. Does Google really rank your hubs lower if you edit them? Has anyone had similar problems?

1. ofmelancholy profile image72
      ofmelancholyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

google is instable, sometimes my hubs are getting lost

2. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

No. It is not at all unusual to rank well when first published and then sink quickly.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

PCUnix' response is more likely the case, but editing can cause problems depending on what you change. If you were ranking, let's say, for the keyword "pink bugs with wings," and then went back and eliminated all references to the word "pink" when editing, that could do it. smile

4. m920621m profile image74
    m920621mposted 6 years ago

No, I just added some tags and linked to other hubbers' pages. I didn't delete any content nor did I edit my keywords in any way. Just can't understand what happened.

5. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Google likes:

New Content (for awhile, because it's new)
    Fresh Content (Content that changes, this is why comments and news capsules are good)
    Aged Content (because it's been around awhile and proved it has staying power.)

Changing anything can make your ranking go up or down. If you had a title that was ranking well for a long tail keyword but you changed it, chances are you're ranking badly for a different keyword.

6. Terryandco profile image47
    Terryandcoposted 6 years ago

Mmmm, sounds like a mystery to me! I don't think we will ever know what happened here. I could understand if you removed content, but adding a link and some tags shouldnt have done it!!