jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Hub May Have Been Copied

1. bethparker profile image86
    bethparkerposted 6 years ago

I just noticed one of my hubs has been marked saying that the hub may have been copied to another site. I checked the link to the article and the only words that are the same are four words from the title and four more from the article itself. At the bottom of this, there is a link to my hub.

I don't have a problem with this because it takes more than "What Happens if you" and "for less than the" for something to be copied content. Plus, I got a backlink out of it. However, there doesn't seem to be any information about getting the warning removed from my hub if it's not actually a copy.

The reason I am concerned about this is because if the warning just sits there, I will just think "OK, that's that one post" and then if someone else copies my whole hub I won't know it because I will just think it is the flag from before.

By the way, before I realized you could click the link for more info (if you right-click it just opens your hub in a new tab), I checked Copyscape and found another instance where someone actually did copy about six paragraphs from the same hub word for word. Funny Hubpages didn't pick that one up. I contacted them to request the content be removed.

Beth Parker

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

And your question is?

1. camlo profile image84
        camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How to get the warning removed, as I understand it.

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Camlo.

2. anonimuzz profile image83
        anonimuzzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good question.

2. bojanglesk8 profile image61
      bojanglesk8posted 6 years ago

Report it.

3. bethparker profile image86
      bethparkerposted 6 years ago

Yes, my question is how to get the warning removed.

Beth

4. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Sorry, just wanted to make sure. A couple of things:

The way to get a warning for duplicate content removed is to contact HubPages. If they can already see that you published here first, the warning should indicate that you are not currently being penalized - there may be a link for that information in the message. If they cannot already see this, you may need to convince them.

Another issue is whether your copyright search has been thorough enough. There is the possibility that further copies exist out there that you do not even know about. HubPages may be able to give you additional information in that regard, or you may have to do some further research on your own.

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

1. bethparker profile image86
        bethparkerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.

working