Google Analytics and 2 Hub Accounts

1. earner profile image84
    earnerposted 6 years ago

I've just started a 2nd hub account, to keep one particular set of stuff completely separate from the rest as it's a special pet project of mine.

I have GA on my hubpages account - and I've inserted the GA code into my affiliate settings in the profile.

For the 2nd account, should I/can I re-use that same GA code, or do I need to create a 2nd GA code?  It's my thinking that simply putting in my existing GA code will be fine because all my hubs are pretty much separate pages and it tracks those OK and I don't mind the stats being mixed up between the two.

On the other hand, if I have to create a 2nd GA code, or wish to, should I create a new account, or just a new profile?  I've not spent nearly as much time as I should with GA and seem to have got my knickers in a twist with it already as I seem to have an account per domain I own ... and really don't know if I should have done that at all.

So, to recap:
    1] Is it OK to use existing GA code on 2nd hub account?
    2] If I do use a new GA code, should I be creating a new profile, or a new account in GA for that?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

The same code will work with multiple HubPages accounts.

1. earner profile image84
      earnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cheers. Makes it easy smile