jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

2 ?'s Amazon sign up and transferring articles to new account

1. 0
    Margaret W.posted 6 years ago

Hello Hubbers,

I have two questions that are related:

I get an error message saying my URL is not acceptable when I try to sign up for Amazon. I am using the URL for my profile page as others have suggested in this forum. I have a period in my user name, which is also in my profile URL. Could that be the reason why the URL is not being accepted by Amazon?

Also, if it is my user name, I don't want to exclude the ability to monetize with Amazon in the future. I figure I should close my account now that I only have three articles and start a new one without the period in my user name. The question is, can I transfer my articles and their URL's to my new account? What are the consequences of doing this?

Thanks!

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Sorry but I have no idea on the first question. I thought a . would be fine.

If you transfer the articles, you'll lose any backlinks or promotion you've done for them and in google's eyes they will start as if they've just been published. So if one of them is going to take off, it may take an extra couple of months. The URLs may take at least a day to free up on this account, so you can use them on the other account, also.

Are you aware that you can have as many hubpages accounts as you want (as long as you only use one on forums and don't use them for inflammatory reasons)? If you are already signed up with google adsense and don't *need* amazon on these three, I'd recommend leaving them as is and creating a new account. Just remember that you can have as many hubpages accounts as you wish but only one amazon/adsense account. Simply link your current affiliate accounts to your new hubpages account.

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure those with multiple accounts are prohibited from using all or any of their alter egos on the forums!  I may be wrong Wrylit, but unless HP has changed the rules that was my take on it!

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They discourage multiple personalities in the forums. They prohibit multiple personalities in the same thread.

Thanks WE!  I knew they were "discouraged" but didn't know about the "prohibited" part!  I suspect some members may be getting around this prohibition, though!

1. 0
            Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome.

I agree. That's the whole concept behind "sock puppets." If they get caught, they can get banned. But how to catch them is the hard part.

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Apparently, one can use different alter egos to post, but not in the same threads, correct?  So theoretically, one person could argue with the same person on different threads using different aliases?

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Please stick to a persona in the forums; using more the one account to post in the same forum thread is not allowed."

Yes basically but if you're a regular poster chances are you'll post in all the threads that interest you, anyway.

4. 0
    Margaret W.posted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone. I don't think any of my articles have taken off so I may try to create a new account, same name but without the period.

working