jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

2 Hours on a New Hub .... wrong account :)

1. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 6 years ago

Ok, so I am trying to write a bunch of stuff and keep it in one account.... thing is, I just reached the half way point and realised it's in this account. Doh!!

Now, I'd like the unique url I created.... so I wondered: If I delete my hub under this name and quickly/instantly create the hub in my other account ... will the unique url be available to me?  Or is it lost forever once it's been used once, even if I delete it?

(I hope that made sense!)

Although, if push comes to shove, I could just re-write it slightly differntly.  Not a biggie, but I could kick myself sometimes.

smile

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I understand there will be a time delay (1 or 2 days?) between you deleting it and it actually being gone....

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Wilderness is correct. If you delete a hub, it will be gone in 24 hours, and the URL goes back to the pool (becomes available again). So there shouldn't be any problem afterwards.

3. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 6 years ago

Cheers.  I'll make two hubs of it then.... just annoyed at myself now.  Waste not want not... a quick re-write and job's a good 'un.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps you ought to reconsider that decision. Unless you rewrite completely, one of your hubs will likely be flagged as duplicate content and penalized - HubPages prefers original content.

working