jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Question about capsules

1. rminela profile image80
    rminelaposted 6 years ago

I keep getting a gaping white space between my last two capsules. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Can anybody help me with this.

2. Kyriana profile image78
    Kyrianaposted 6 years ago

I only see blank space on the hub about grass.

do you have an empty capsule in your hub?

are you copy/pasting from Word and not backspacing the blank lines til you get to the end of your article? I've done that some. It was leaving gaps on mine.

Hope that helps!

1. rminela profile image80
      rminelaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes I am copying some from word.  I published my latest hub for you to see. I created a poll, but above it is that darn blank space still. The hub is called "The Tardiness Rant"

3. SteveoMc profile image90
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Looks like you might have space at the bottom of the text hub.   Copy just the text into a new hub.   Delete the old hub 'A Few Suggestions.'  See if that gives you a better result.

Sometimes you have formatting that follows your copy/paste that you cannot get rid of.

4. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

There is a way:
    - Select all text from the word processor;
    - Open a plain text document (e.g. Notepad);
    - Paste your text into the plain text editor;
    - Select all, copy your text then paste it into the hub capsule.

By doing this, the invisible code that causes trouble will be stripped off.

If you use an existing capsule, be sure to select all, then delete contents prior to doing the above.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have been struggling with my blog in this area, this is pretty useful... ugh... I didn't think of it... dumb .. dumb
      Thanx W E

5. rminela profile image80
    rminelaposted 6 years ago

Thank you all very much. I'll take the suggestions and run with them

6. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Rminela,

The problem stems from not deleting or removing additional spacing at the bottom of your text capsules.

Edit the last text capsule on the three hubs below.

Make sure to get to the bottom of the capsule and then hit the "backspace" button. If you use the delete key, then your cursor will automatically go to the top of the capsule.

To avoid it returning to the top of the capsule, hit the "backspace key, until you reach the last period, which is at the last sentence.

It should correct the problem.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Captiva-Grass-T … -the-South

7. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

And on another note....please consider using the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum thread, where you can post a few links and have your hubs critiqued, so as to improve upon them.

Just a suggestion. smile