jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

If ads make us some money...what if others don't click them?

1. EatLovePray profile image61
    EatLovePrayposted 6 years ago

I'm just wondering..if no one clicks them for a long time.. then it would take a longg time to make a bit of money..right!? You write good content..but ads is all what matters in the end? Or not?

1. pisean282311 profile image58
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

well i understand your concern..dont worry about who would click and who wont..write good content and forget about it..believe me if you stay steady for six months , writing good content , you would be advising same thing to new hubber , six months from now..yes to read about keywords and how others have made money through hubs..

this is best site to be in because there is lot of support in form of articles and also from experienced hubbers..but number one thing is writing good quality hubs...

1. EatLovePray profile image61
        EatLovePrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks once againnn!! im gonna be patientt! smile

1. shazwellyn profile image85
          shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

make sure your tags are appropriate to your hub content.  This helps the ads to syncronise with your article.  Just a tip...  Hope this helps:)

2. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have only been here 6 days.

Start to worry about earnings after 3 or 4 months of prolific publishing.

3. nicregi profile image65
      nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Patience is always a virtue. It is really hard to start as a writer but slowly, you will get paid. There are ups and downs of a writer. Hang in there and don't give up.

2. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 6 years ago

What if monkeys come and delete your hubpages account....what if aint gonna cut the mustard, it's about actions and the time and effort you put in....trust me I'm an artist?!!!!

3. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

you are correct, if that is your purpose and monetization strategy.

and it takes most new web writers 9 months to reach payout - but writing at a higher frequency could severely decrease that limit

patience is probably in order

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Welcome to hubpages. Everyone has doubts. I kept asking myself
    "What if I'm not a good enough writer?"
    "What if I'm not doing it right?"
    "What if I'm writing about the wrong subjects?"
    "What if it works for everyone but me?"

Channel those doubts. Each time you doubt, turn it into a hub. Don't concentrate on the money - just write. Slowly you'll get a few cents. Then a few cents more... then before you know it, it will turn into dollars.

I'd recommend doing the 30 day hub challenge. You'll find that you're so busy writing you don't concentrate on your earnings so much and by the time you're done you'll learn a lot more about what works as well as find yourself with a good increase in traffic. Good luck!