jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Spell check

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

I just came up with another great idea here folks.  what about a spell check feature?  i know there's been times i've had to open up various windows and/or tabs to check on how to spell certain big words i wanted to use in some hubs.  however, it would be a lot less time consuming if there was a way we could have a spell check feature to check for grammar before publishing. that would be cool, right?

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's such a cool feature it's existed at HubPages since before you ever started on the site.

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

This feature is already available from the toolbar when editing a text capsule. You may want to take it for a spin.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
        Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

really?  are you serious?  wow, i didn't even know we had that feature.  lol.  thanks for telling me, as i wish someone would've told me sooner about that.  lol.

3. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

It's about the "unknown unknowns." Glad to help.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

I use the Google toolbar.  It has a spelllcheque fo r any online writin.

1. Whitney05 profile image65
        Whitney05posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Firefox has something similar. I like firefox, as it has it's own built-in spell checker.

I've gone through older hubs, and noticed tons of mispellings where my fingers just went faster than my brain. Firefox tends to catch it all... Well, except words spelled right but used wrong, but I don't thinks there's a grammar check available. Not even word catches all those mistakes...

1. GmaGoldie profile image88
          GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Will Google and Firefox go through each capsule?

5. GmaGoldie profile image88
      GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

Speaking of spelling improvements.  Is there a ways to comprehensively spell check all the capsules?  I find it time consuming.  More capsules help the flow and the advertising but the effort is sometimes daunting.

working