jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How to improve

1. Petstrel profile image77
    Petstrelposted 6 years ago

I'm not a new hubber considering I registered almost a year ago, but it's only the last couple of days that I really became a full time hubber smile

I read a lot about Hubpages and hub creating and now I just published my 7th hub, which is in my opinion by far my best yet and something I'd like all my hubs to be like.

What I would like is for you senior hubbers to take a quick look at my last hub and give some examples of what I'm doing wrong and what my greatest weaknesses are: http://hubpages.com/hub/Leather-Corner-Sofa-Selection

all help will be very appreciated wink

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I must admit I was hard put finding any real problems with this hub. You might be able to work on the punctuation a little bit but otherwise it's great reading. big_smile

Maybe offer a few more products? The blue corner box works well to grab the eye but maybe a few more choices for the customer would be good, maybe at the bottom of the page or under the photo?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Punctuation is sorely lacking throughout your article:

-Sure both of --> Sure, both of

-sofas, but then again a Pinto --> sofas; but then again, a Pinto

-I'm exaggerating you --> I'm exaggerating, you

-So because of that most --> So because of that, most

-paid all that money for it you are just going --> paid all that money for it, you are just going

-I mean you --> I mean, you

-art, do you and --> art, do you? And

-extremely durable and there is no way --> extremely durable, and there is no way

-And what about the stains you ask --> And what about the stains? you ask

-And I say don't worry --> And I say: don't worry

-the stain I mean --> the stain, I mean

Nice piece, otherwise.

3. Petstrel profile image77
    Petstrelposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Unfortunately I can't do much about my punctuation. I'm not a native speaker and I'm in my early thirties so I doubt I'll improve in that section smile

Best I can do is work on the content and hope I get most of my punctuation right smile

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome.

Well, if you make these changes and then compare with the original, maybe you can get the hang of it. Punctuation is really about rhythm, and makes a huge difference for whether your text is easy to understand or not. Your writing is very clear otherwise, so maybe you can learn this as well.