jump to last post 1-38 of 38 discussions (62 posts)

First $1000 month....

1. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

$1157.88 to be precise, with the likelyhood of a fair few Amazon items being shipped today to add to that, and about 8 hours of AdSense earnings to go before the month actually ends smile

I am very happy with that, although a few big ticket Amazon items bumped that up significantly. My target is now consolidation for September, followed by a steady increase in October and November for the Xmas rush, and then consolidation again in December when the AdSense activity seems to die a little.

How has your month been? Good? Bad? Average?

1. EatLovePray profile image61
      EatLovePrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congrats! Well, I just joined.. so I'm keeping my expectations low for my pay! Lol! But, it is great to know that we have some successful hubbers here like you! yayy!

1. 0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are some much more successful hubbers, trust me.

2. emievil profile image84
      emievilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congrats Ryan! You're progressing so fast. Maybe this time next year, we'll hear that you get twice (or even thrice) that amount.

I reached more than $10 in Amazon for August alone so payout is just around the corner. My Adsense is doing good (for me, at least smile), hoping to reach payout in less than 4 months' time - which is faster than the 6 months in my previous payout. After that, and with Christmas season coming in, I'm hoping to reach another payout by December smile.

3. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ryan, that's fantastic!  kewl dude!

2. Don Simkovich profile image61
    Don Simkovichposted 6 years ago

Congrats on your first month of over $1,000.00. I'm still shooting for my first month of over $100.00, although I keep getting closer.

1. netlexis profile image81
      netlexisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me, too, Don. $100 month would be nice, but if we keep at it, we should see it soon. And with Ryan and other hubbers sharing their success, it's easier to keep up the enthusiasm.

3. Anna Marie Bowman profile image94
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 6 years ago

Not that good.  Better than normal.  But then again, I haven't been writing anything, or doing anything lately.  Just came back around.  Should be even better a few months from now, still, not that good, though. Congrats!!!!

4. europewalker profile image78
    europewalkerposted 6 years ago

Congrats! Nice to know it can be done.

5. Anath profile image73
    Anathposted 6 years ago

Not good, but like Anna Marie, I have not been writing anything and I've hardly been online.  Actually, maybe considering that I've had a very long holiday, maybe I have not done that bad at all :-)

6. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I have been seeing a strong increase since July.   Since the crash, Adsense was seldom above $800,  but now we are back very close to 1K again.  Chitika, which had dropped into the $30-$40 range, is back up in the $60 and up range.  Affiliate and book sales never did go down noticeably so those are fine anyway.

7. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

OMG, $1157.88? Its higher than many highest paid jobs in my country.

1. 0

Yes but it also relative to living costs, I bet a pint of beer doesn't cost you $5USD either, and I doubt that your rent is $600 per month.

1. lrohner profile image85
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

$600 per month? There are places over there to live for only $600 month? Are you kidding??? My daughter's last apartment was a living room, galley kitchen and bedroom for $1,400/month!

1. 0

Well $600 a month is the cheapest one bedroom flat that somebody could rent, yeah.

Where do you live? Bear in mind that I live in Norwich, you may want to look that up on a map.... it isn't exactly all that densely populated around here wink

The price that you are quoting would probably get you similar in a down-market area of London. Or a double room in a shared house in a mid-market or upper market area of London.

My one-bed flat costs me about $650 a month in rent. But there are other costs, I have to pay $150 a month in 'Council tax'. Which is effectively a tax on the non-homeless hmm

I am currently buying my flat for $120,000..... as you can see the rental yields are very low. But I subsequently have to pay about $500 a year in 'service charges' for effectively no service whatsoever, and I still have to pay that council tax...

Many people in the UK are actually better off renting than buying at the moment. I am going to have to spend about $20000 on my flat to make it look habitable...

1. Bill Manning profile image70
            Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a nice one bedroom apt. in Orlando, Florida in a nice part of town for only $595.00 per month. smile

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image94
              Anna Marie Bowmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How on Earth did you find an apartment, in a nice neighborhood, near Orlando for the cheap???  I live about an hour from Orlando, and I pay about $560 a month.  I got lucky with this place.  Most apartments, even out here, run for about $800-900 for a decent place in a nice neighborhood.

Actually there are lots of them here in Orlando. Before this place I had one for only $545.00 a month. However I admit it was not in a great place.

Now, we all have different visions of what a "nice" neighborhood is. I myself like the airport area, east side of Orlando. The 436, Curry Ford, Conway rd, Goldenrod rd. area is where I'm in.

I think it's a nice spot, pretty safe, but it's far from a rich area. I would never live near OBT or the west side of Orlando. Metrowest, once a rich person place, has shootings all the time now.

I live just 6 miles from the Orlando airport. smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image95
                  Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cool!  I know that area!  I always stay at a "stay and fly" hotel in that area because it is close to the airport!

Yeah there are lots of nice hotels in this area. When I fly out on vacations it only cost me 20 bucks for a taxi so I can leave my car at home. smile

2. 0

With 0 hubs in 2 months, you aren't exactly off to the greatest start in your quest to become wealthy in your country then?

8. sagebrush_mama profile image81
    sagebrush_mamaposted 6 years ago

Good job!

1. sagebrush_mama profile image81
      sagebrush_mamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just checked...first $100 month with Amazon!  Yeah!

9. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

So you take your income is US dollara?

Or are you just translating to a commonly understood currency?

1. 0

I take my Amazon in dollars, my AdSense is displayed in £.

So for that calculation I timed my £ sum by 1.53 and then added my Amazon earnings.

In short, yes I converted to dollars.

10. girly_girl09 profile image78
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

congrats! This is where I hope to be in about a year. It was my highest month ever, just $25ish short from $500 (unless one of my big purchases goes through today!) This is from amazon & adsense, about 3/4 of the earnings are from adsense this month.

11. geargirl113 profile image60
    geargirl113posted 6 years ago

Congratulations! I just recently started really working on hubpages so my earnings are up... but so is my number of hubs. I can not wait to be able to see those types of numbers. Here is to many more goal surpassing months!

12. Lily Rose profile image86
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

That's awesome, Ryan!  Is that all from HP only?

This has been my best month ever for both Amazon and AdSense - just under $260 right now with the two combined and about 11 items that still haven't shipped, so hopefully some more items will have shipped today to pump that total up a few more dollars.

When I first started this just over a year ago I said I would be thrilled to make $200-$300 a month and I cannot believe I'm there right now - now I want more! tongue

1. girly_girl09 profile image78
      girly_girl09posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know what you mean! I always said I'd be happy with $100, so I have a monthly payout. Now, I can't wait to get to $1000 a month!

1. Lily Rose profile image86
        Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Funny how greed works, isn't it?!  Now I want $500!

13. Paradise7 profile image85
    Paradise7posted 6 years ago

Cool deal, Ryan.  Great!  I'm glad you're making it happen for yourself.  It gets me to think about writing more, contributing more.  I've been a bit lazy about writing hubs.  (Or researching any other places online to write and get paid.)

Really, good for you, my friend.  Good for you!!! 

big_smilebig_smilebig_smile  $$$$$

14. Surabhi Kaura profile image83
    Surabhi Kauraposted 6 years ago

Cool, Congratulations! I am not even earning a single penny, but I like writing articles and it gives me satisfaction and makes me apolaustic. I hope I earn someday. It feels good when your work proves your worth smile

1. Paradise7 profile image85
      Paradise7posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You'll get there, no worries.  There's quite a bit of lead time before pay out, for everyone!

1. Surabhi Kaura profile image83
        Surabhi Kauraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for encouraging Paradise7

15. chip22 profile image59
    chip22posted 6 years ago

Great going Ryan!

Seeing successes like yours gives me motivation to keep plugging along. Hope to reach the $1,000 level by next year.

16. Mutiny92 profile image88
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

that is wonderful!  Congrats!

17. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

Congrats Ryan.

18. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

$600 per month rent! WOW!  My daughter is paying almost $500 & it's only 1/4 of the rent. 2 bedrooms/1 bath.  Cheaper than the dorms though.

congrats Ryan.

19. Randy Godwin profile image95
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

I didn't quite make half that much, but this month was really good!

You can buy a 40 acre farm around here for $120,000.  Includes deer, turkey, woodlands and streams!

20. Anna Marie Bowman profile image94
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 6 years ago

I guess I like my far quieter suburban life out here.  I'm close to the beach, close to Orlando, should I need to go there, close to everything I could want.  I am looking to move to either a house or at least a 2 bedroom soon, though.  This place to too small.

Close to the beach is nice. Orlando is getting crowded. But with me working at home I don't notice it as much as others who have to drive to work. I'd love to move to Sarasota.

1. sofs profile image88
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congrats!! COOOOOOL!!!

21. Kidgas profile image79
    Kidgasposted 6 years ago

Congratulations, Ryan.  You know that you have worked hard to achieve this level of earnings as do I.

Also, congrats to Lily and girlygirl (you two greedy gals).

22. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

This is my best Adsense month ever.  Amazon was decent but not as high as last Christmas.  I'm way ahead of where I was this same time last year though, so I'm optimistic.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image94
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great news, KCC!!!  Great seeing you here, as well!

23. Anamika S profile image72
    Anamika Sposted 6 years ago

Congrats Ryan! This is a real encouragement to many Hubbers including me.

24. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Way to go Ryan!  That's an accomplish that most of us can only dream about.  I have to say you deserve it though.  Well done. smile

25. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Wow nice job! You're a bit ahead of me! big_smile

I'm at $45 for adsense and $10 for Amazon, best month yet. big_smile

26. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Grats again Ryan! Way to go! smile

27. raisingme profile image90
    raisingmeposted 6 years ago

I've only been here for four months so I haven't signed up for anything yet - but you 'stats' sure encourage the likes of me to do so in the near future.  Well done!

28. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

Congratulations, Ryan - must be fantastic to see all that hard work paying off.

I made Adsense payout in July, and August has been my best Adsense month yet - I reckon it will take me another 2-3 months to reach a second payout.

I've actually made just under $13 with Amazon this month, which I'm quite encouraged by.  I have about 30 "salesy" hubs spread across two accounts - if I had 100 such hubs, I think I'd start doing better with Amazon than with Adsense!

29. Andrew0208 profile image61
    Andrew0208posted 6 years ago

Congratulations! I love to hear success stories like yours and others. My August earnings already cut off for check payment processing by Adsense was quite impressive.

I'm inspired by your testimony. Enjoy!

30. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 6 years ago

Congrats Ryan. You have worked really hard for this and im happy for you.

And i'm happy for myself for silently reading, following, listening and taking tips and advice great hubbers like you give everyone here. Both in your hubs and in the forums. Because of you i also took Amazon more seriously.

And i've been better off for this. I'm like GG and Lilyrose (i think). Before i reached my first payout, i thought $100 was unattainable. Of course for me then, $1000 was not even in the picture lol

Now i'm gunning for half of that with my fingers constantly crossed.
    I'm glad i listen to you. Who knows, maybe this time next year i'll hit $1000.
    But i need to write more hubs.
    Well done. smile

31. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Congratulatons Ryan! Very inspiring!
    And to encourage others just starting here, I reached payout in June which was 8 months after I started which is pretty average by all accounts, and now just two months later I have reached it again smile It really does snowball!

32. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

Just had my best Adsense month ever, and not too shabby with ebay and Amazon either. On the downside, I tend to do best in the summer because of all the gardening hubs - really need to work on that before xmas rolls around...

33. Timmy(B) profile image59
    Timmy(B)posted 6 years ago

Ryan - your post about renting and council tax in England was spot on and made me laugh. Hubbers reaching four figure monthly sums is a huge inspiration to newbies.

34. Uzdawi profile image35
    Uzdawiposted 6 years ago

Congratulations Ryan!
    I also had my best month ever, I published 21 new hubs and I made $78.46 from Amazon and I made €25.56($32.72) from AdSense.
    Compared to last month I tripled my earnings.It was the first $100 month for me.

35. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

That’s an impressive achievement Ryan, well done.

36. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

impressive - well done ryan you have deserved it.

37. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

Congrats ryankett! In no time it will increase some more! I receive my adsense every month since March but then I want my earnings to increase some more...500 will be good, then more and more, smile..

38. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 6 years ago

Congrats! $1,000 a month online is definitely something to celebrate and be proud of. Sure, it may not comfortable pay all the bills, but most of us use HubPages as passive, extra income and $1k is a great number.