jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Hub score on an un-published article?

1. Coming of Age profile image59
    Coming of Ageposted 6 years ago

I am new to hub pages and started a hub article the other evening. I saved the article as a draft, but did  not publish. Today I noticed that a score had been attached to the article......Where did the score come from?

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

The hubscore is produced by things other than traffic, including the scores of your other hubs.

1. Coming of Age profile image59
      Coming of Ageposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi psycheskinner,

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it.

This is virtually my first hub draft. The article is far from finished and I have not proofed, edited, or hit the "publish" button. Is the score created while an article being written?

1. 0
        Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

At this point you should not worry about your score. it will go up and then down, all the time. Just think about quality and guidelines. Read the instructions. You don't want to anger the Gods of Hubpages! But seriously, you always can come back and change everything, that's the beauty of Hubpages.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Once created, the hub will get a score whether published or not. Any pageviews, including your own, will contribute to the score as will its contents.

4. Coming of Age profile image59
    Coming of Ageposted 6 years ago

Thanks Home Girl and Examiner.......Your comment have answered my question.

5. 0
    Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago

your visits count towards your score as the others have said.  Proof reading, tweaking and editing all bump the score up.  A considered, quality piece will by the very process of writing it, afford you a good initial score.  You must be doing every thing right!

6. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I was wondering about this - great information.  Thank you!