jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Blatant self publicity and promotion - is there a place for it here?

1. Bard of Ely profile image86
    Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago

As a singer-songwriter and musician I am often looking for ways of publicising current stuff to do with my music eg I am in a weekly Famecast competition right now but haven't posted a link to ask for votes because I don't know what is OK and what isn't on this score. Is there anywhere on Hub Pages that if hubbers have something they want to promote, be it writing, music or whatever they can do so safely?

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image77
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

I think you can do it in comment section where posting your link URL is allowed.
    Jyoti kothari

3. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Watch out publishing the same links in all your hubs, whether in content or in the comments section. I believe you can post your own links as long as you vary it up: don't post more than 2 per hub to the same domain, and don't post the same links in all of your hubs. I believe even if you post it in the comments, it will be noticed eventually that you're posting the same links throughout your hubs. Make sure that hte links are relevant to the hub's content and don't over do it in general in one hub or many hubs.

4. Bard of Ely profile image86
    Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago

Well looks like I am OK then seeing as I haven't posted any links more than once I don't think! smile

Thanks for the info, Whitney and Jyoti!

1. Dorsi profile image90
      Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you can do some hubs about some of the projects you are involved in- I did a hub on some of my artwork and plan to do more. ( and I talked about the graphics software program too- so it had information for readers on getting involved too)

1. Bard of Ely profile image86
        Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Great idea, Dorsi, so thanks for the suggestion!