jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Alright give it to me straight doc.

1. jdomingo profile image60
    jdomingoposted 6 years ago

Hey guys just joined Hub pages...about three weeks ago and just got around to writing my first hub,  I meant to revise it but got excited and hit publish prematurely either way I would appreciate some constructive criticism on what to improve and what to leave out.  Thanks!

1. jdomingo profile image60
      jdomingoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/hub/Customer-Service-101   whoops forgot to post the hub I wanted reviewed sorry.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile

(a) It needs more content. HubPages are articles, roughly about Magazine size/length.
    (b) Use more Text capsules, instead of using one, so as to best utilize adsense ad space placement.
    (c) Keywords/Tags- you do not have enough of them- the average is 9-15 keywords/tags for an average article up to 1500+ words. If you hub is longer than that- HubPages Staff in my past experience says you can use up to 40 keywords/tags(but only on longer articles).

You have a good topic to work with and the write up itself is good. Just one suggestion, when using more text capsules, try and add some pictures just give it some appeal. All text is boring and you could lose your reader.

When you do use more text capsules, also beware of paragraphing, because most people who will be reading your articles will come from search engines, and most likely have a short attention span- so keep your article flowing from beginning to end.

The links below from Hub Writer Darkside will give you more than enough information about HubPages, which will eliminate your need to ask specific questions later on.

Also, there are a couple of Hubs from Frogdropping for new hub writers, that are suggested reading.

3. jdomingo profile image60
    jdomingoposted 6 years ago

Cagsil thanks for the giving it to me straight.  I will take all of that and note it and make use of it I appreciate you taking the time to point all that out for me.

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

You're welcome. smile

Glad I could help. smile