jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Update Notice

1. Whitney05 profile image62
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

When you make a decent update on a hub, is there a way to click a button that notifies those in your fan club that the hub has been noticed.

I thought about it being automatic, but if you make an insignificant change or multiple changes on the same hub during one day, you don't want to send multiple update notices to the people in your fanclub, cluttering up their inbox.

A check box or something would be perfect to choose when you wanted to send out the update notice.

2. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Nice idea Whitney - I second that one!

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

If a hub is unpublished and then republished again, does it send out an announcement the same as when first published?

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No, I don't think so.  I tried it (yup, I have two accounts and I'm my own fan).  Not only did it not send out the announcement, but it keeps the original "publish" date.

2. Whitney05 profile image62
      Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I don't believe this is the case. I've accidently hit publish instead of save unpublished, quickly unpublished, and then published at a later date, and after republishing you never see it on the recently published list. So, I doubt that there's an email sent for it. :-\

This sounds like too much work for me... :-\ A box to click would be so much easier.

4. stephhicks68 profile image83
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

It would be nice to have that feature.  I haven't published in about 5 days, but have been busy making some good, substantial edits to a number of my Hubs.  smile

5. In The Doghouse profile image95
    In The Doghouseposted 8 years ago

I agree... after editing some Hubs that I had written when I first joined Hubpages, I certainly wish I could re-publish!

6. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

You could write a short hub announcing it with a link - and then delete it afterwards big_smile

1. MrMarmalade profile image78
      MrMarmaladeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I did that a long time ago, and it did not appear to do anything. So I gave it away as a bad idea.

7. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

lol

But your fan club that receives emails would get it. Then you delete it.

By the way, what happened to the passion?

1. MrMarmalade profile image78
      MrMarmaladeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

My Passions all got lost when we had a horror time with a Dell Computer. They replaced with brand new, but could not get anything off the hard drive.

8. Eileen Hughes profile image81
    Eileen Hughesposted 8 years ago

I reckon a box to tick would be really great.  Not for just little fixes etc

Or it would definitely clog up emails and would affect everyone that does not have a lot of downloads limits etc....

working