jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Did you notice this...

1. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 6 years ago

the weeding dress sorry the wedding dress promotion profile (trader stone ) has created a couple of other profiles and in the Q&A section I have been noticing that only these multiple personalities interact. Doesn't this get noticed by HP admin... a different method of spamming!

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

Do flag it sofs and their profiles too - the HP team may miss it unless someone brings it to their attention. 

The HP team is very small for the size of the site, so flagging dodgy stuff really helps them.

1. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I problem is I am not too sure and I don't want to  be flagging some newbie, I brought this up because this person has now started threads in the forums.
      How does someone check if all these are the same person promoting wedding dresses?

1. harleymeighan profile image57
        harleymeighanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

the moderators or admins can check the IP addresses used by those persons. Ans Susana is right, if you think the posts are unusual and may seem spammy, you may flag the content.

1. sofs profile image85

the profiles in question are   traderstone, yydiyiye01,skullsweets
          would you check them out I just did the checking out myself and found them spammy

1. Susana S profile image92
            Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

These examples are kind of borderline, so I understand it's hard to know what to do sometimes.

I spent a little while the other day flagging all of yydiyiye01's posts/questions and answers and all that's left are the questions they asked, which they will get absolutely no benefit from. HP have decided to keep the questions, but have removed the rest of other stuff this user posted.

I would say traderstone is getting ready to spam, lol. But hasn't yet, so I haven't flagged them, but my clicking finger is poised (I hate spam!).

Skullsweets put their email address in the question which is not allowed so I've flagged that.

2. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you've got say two or three user profiles all asking questions and answering each other, then the chances are very high it's spam. You can't check yourself if they are the same person but HP can.

Don't worry about flagging newbies - just do it! Using questions, answers, forum posts etc to manipulate the system is against HP's TOS and when hubpages reviews the flagged content they can decide if it is spam and decide what to do. Flagging just says to them, "hey, this doesn't look right, check it out."

1. sofs profile image85

Thanks for doing all that while i was away, had to rush away on some small emergency and couldn't do it myself. Thanks . Will do that the next time I come across something like this. Hate spammers too! God bless!!

3. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

No probs smile

working