jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

My Attempt at Humor

1. tritrain profile image76
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

This is one of my first pages.  Yes, I've been registered for almost 2 years, but have only just started making hubs.

Do you have any suggestions for my Shuttles for Sale page?

It's meant to be kind of funny.  Any tips on modules or arrangement?

2. tritrain profile image76

Anyone?  neutral

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

I realize your account is much older than mine, however, your hub doesn't even qualify as a hub.

It is funny that someone would attempt to sell a shuttle. But, you also have little to no writing on the hub itself.

HubPages writers - write article(magazine style) hubs pieces.

It means that you would have at least, a minimum 400+ words of text on your hub. The more words the better.

4. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 6 years ago

Okay - I just took a look.
    I think, if you want to make it funny, you'll have to write it as though you're not intending to be funny. The text is also very disjointed.
    There is a lot of clutter on the Hub - the advertisement showing the shuttle for $42,000,000 was the only relevant photo, the rest just make the Hub appear untidy. The map was also totally unnecessary.
    Should the Hub animate me to buy a knife set (the Amazon ad)? Well, it certainly doesn't.
    If I were you, I'd re-think this one.

5. tritrain profile image76

I'll add more.

6. SteveoMc profile image92
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I would say that I am hard to please when it comes to humor.    Although I agree with some of the comments, I would like to say that I thought some of your ideas are pretty amusing.

The sham wow thing is pretty funny.   Cutting a slice out our your garage (hanger) is also amusing.

I thought the map was a funny thing to add.  This view could be yours!  Haha.   

Return policy has potential.  I actually thought it was a very funny part and a great way to end.  Request for exchange must be made within one hour, exchanges can take up to 12 years.   LOL

Humor is a 'tough sell' topic.  For me, trying to be humorous is a lot less funny than a story or event that is just told and has amusing threads that unravel.  Like telling an event from a young boy's point of view....where the trip to the Grand Canyon is mostly remembered because of the Ice Cold Orange Soda found in a dusty service station at the end of a hike.  What could be better?  Nothing in the world.

The Amazon ad you have is 'tongue in cheek,'  and is actually kind of amusing.  I think it might not be a good idea to use your affiliate to make your amusing point.   But what do I know, I make about $.02 a month off of Amazon sales?

Overall, for this hub, I say, "Back to the drawing board."  I say that because it needs a few things done, and you should do those things.  I personally believe the hub has potential as a funny piece.   

Believe me, I have read many hubs found in the humor category that were total flops.   This one is not.