jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

My Attempt at Humor

1. tritrain profile image75
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

This is one of my first pages.  Yes, I've been registered for almost 2 years, but have only just started making hubs.

Do you have any suggestions for my Shuttles for Sale page?
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Space-Shuttle-for-Sale

It's meant to be kind of funny.  Any tips on modules or arrangement?

2. tritrain profile image75

Anyone?  neutral

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

I realize your account is much older than mine, however, your hub doesn't even qualify as a hub.

It is funny that someone would attempt to sell a shuttle. But, you also have little to no writing on the hub itself.

HubPages writers - write article(magazine style) hubs pieces.

It means that you would have at least, a minimum 400+ words of text on your hub. The more words the better.

4. camlo profile image82
    camloposted 6 years ago

Okay - I just took a look.
    I think, if you want to make it funny, you'll have to write it as though you're not intending to be funny. The text is also very disjointed.
    There is a lot of clutter on the Hub - the advertisement showing the shuttle for $42,000,000 was the only relevant photo, the rest just make the Hub appear untidy. The map was also totally unnecessary.
    Should the Hub animate me to buy a knife set (the Amazon ad)? Well, it certainly doesn't.
    If I were you, I'd re-think this one.

5. tritrain profile image75

Thanks.

I'll add more.

6. SteveoMc profile image90
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I would say that I am hard to please when it comes to humor.    Although I agree with some of the comments, I would like to say that I thought some of your ideas are pretty amusing.

The sham wow thing is pretty funny.   Cutting a slice out our your garage (hanger) is also amusing.

I thought the map was a funny thing to add.  This view could be yours!  Haha.   

Return policy has potential.  I actually thought it was a very funny part and a great way to end.  Request for exchange must be made within one hour, exchanges can take up to 12 years.   LOL

Humor is a 'tough sell' topic.  For me, trying to be humorous is a lot less funny than a story or event that is just told and has amusing threads that unravel.  Like telling an event from a young boy's point of view....where the trip to the Grand Canyon is mostly remembered because of the Ice Cold Orange Soda found in a dusty service station at the end of a hike.  What could be better?  Nothing in the world.

The Amazon ad you have is 'tongue in cheek,'  and is actually kind of amusing.  I think it might not be a good idea to use your affiliate to make your amusing point.   But what do I know, I make about $.02 a month off of Amazon sales?

Overall, for this hub, I say, "Back to the drawing board."  I say that because it needs a few things done, and you should do those things.  I personally believe the hub has potential as a funny piece.   

Believe me, I have read many hubs found in the humor category that were total flops.   This one is not.

working