jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

"Auto-pilot" following by some Hubbers.

1. Good Guy profile image93
    Good Guyposted 6 years ago

I think all of you Hubbers had the same experience.  A few so-called Hubbers must have been using some program to "auto-pilot" following all Hubbers.  One of them was so obvious, it went in alphabetical order!

What can they achieve by doing that?  Yes maybe getting a Hubber Score (Hub Rank) of 1!

1. Joe Badtoe profile image61
      Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is an extraordinary vain woman who writes drivel about relationships on here and whenever anyone comments on her posts (and it's usually smitten men) there seems to be an auto thank you. She is very attractive (if that's her photo on her profile) but quite possibly the vainest hubber on here and given that her profile says nothing about her but everything about how many followers she has, how wondereful she is at earning money from her posts etc etc I think she's remarkably shallow too.

Lot of drooling men seem to be following her for her looks as opposed to her mindnumbingly boring topics, which is both laughable and desperate.

Just my humble opinion of course and no I'm not going to name her.

1. Traqqer profile image79
        Traqqerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is this the person who is using a picture of the person who some consider to have broken up the marriage of a famous movie star couple a few years ago, and who likes to adopt kids from other countries, and is becoming well-known for her action movies even though her acting has been good enough such that she received an oscar many years ago, and who used to be married to a much older actor with a foul but funny mouth, and who people thought was creepy when she kissed her brother on camera?

I didn't want to give too much away.  smile

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure why they do it. Many of the people who use the auto-follow thing appear to have no hubs at all - so it's not like it does their hubs any good!

Ah well I guess if they're too dumb to learn how the site really works...

3. timorous profile image90
    timorousposted 6 years ago

Some people sign up thinking it's another form of social networking. neutral

We always have the option of flagging their profile, if it seems obvious that they're 'buying' followers.  It's up to the rest of us to police such abuse of the site.