jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

meet a friends and learn

1. lliekamia profile image59
    lliekamiaposted 8 years ago

hello everyone,,,,,,
    liekamia here,,,,
    its hard to search for a topic, but i think, language would be a very interesting one.
    guys, you can tell something about your own language here.

1. MrMarmalade profile image84
      MrMarmaladeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Son 3 went to China as a tourist. Came back endeavouring to learn Mandarin.
      Sponsored English teaching to people of this Nationality.
      Has now placed an application as Head Maths Teacher at an International Training School in Hong Kong.

2. shezz3085 profile image61
      shezz3085posted 8 years ago in reply to this

hello there liekamia...yes it is true that one of the best topic to talk about with is language, since it can be your good or best bridge to communicate other people from all over the world. I think the best language for you to use in writing is English since it is the Universal language we used as of today. I am not saying that you should not use your own language for writing if you have, however if you really want to be known and easily understand then try to communicate with the use of English language.

1. lliekamia profile image59
        lliekamiaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hello Shezz3085,

yeah your right English would be the best language to learn for.Because, it is being use
        by most of the people around the world as a medium of international conversation.
        yeah your also right, when I speak in my own language maybe all of the people here
        couldn't understand me. hehehehe(laughing) thanks for the advice shezz.

3. mingoville profile image60
      mingovilleposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi everyone... I'm from the Philippines...And you can say we are bilingual because aside from our mother language, we also speak language's depending on the province we live in. Some language's from that province originate from Spanish... Thats why when we travel to certain provinces that has different language that we speak back in my home town we use one particular language, it's the neutral language we speak so everyone can understand each other.

Also in my country we were thought the English language since we were kindergarten until college its a continuous learning...Language unites and very interesting as a topic to discuss.

2. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago
  3. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

One of the best experiences I had in college was being a conversation partner once a week for foreign exchange students.  This was a volunteer position where I would basically would hang out and have conversations with the exchange students, but this was very helpful since most of them spent the majority of their time studying and needed speaking practice.  The coordinator wanted me to continue volunteering once a week, but eventually I had to stop because I did not have the time once I graduated.