Ew Twitter.

1. Sunny Robinson profile image85
    Sunny Robinsonposted 6 years ago

So, I finally decided to try Twitter.  What's funny is, I didn't know I already had a log-in.  Then, when I found it, realized the last time I had been on it was April 2009.

So now, I am figuring out stuff like #tags and @tags.  Ahh! Brain explosion.  But it's all good, it should become simple after a few hours.

Guys, I'm too WORDY for 140 character limit!  It's funny.  This is more of a challenge to me than writing a whole hub.

So, will I see benefits to Twitter? We will see.  Do I fear being too spammy with my few followers? Yes.

What Twitter etiquette do you all follow? Do you guys actually like and prefer this for social networking and getting your hubs out?  I mean, say opposed to Facebook and other social networks.

1. thooghun profile image86
      thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I tried using Twitter, but it seems be a spamfest. Nobody seems to want to observe etiquette, and as a result it seems to be something of a chat platform.

The only way I can see it working is by being very targeted and very careful about who you follow, and subsequently who follows you. I made the mistake of gathering a couple of thousand followers and hitting a cap, which makes it difficult to gather an audience.

Response to my hubs is negligible, I might get anywhere between 1-10 visits from thousands of followers. I'm aware I approached Twitter the wrong way, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Using tags is the best use of twitter in my (limited) experience.

Lots of different sites pick up feed from twitter based on tags. For instance a baby site might show the latest posts that have the #baby tag. So it's good for that reason - it can turn into backlinks etc.

I don't really worry about followers I just make sure I tag everything that might be relevant so people can see it in that channel.