jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Facility to Change User Profile Name

1. richtwf profile image61
    richtwfposted 6 years ago

First, I make my apology if this question has been posted previously (most likely).

I know that there are a few hubbers who have have asked this question and I've seen the standard answer. Surely it's technically possible for the username to be changed, but why wouldn't there be a facility to alter your username? I'm not tech-savvy so that's why I've posted this question and would appreciate any answers to satisfy my curiosity.

Cheers!

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

yes you are quite right, this question has been asked before, several times- Hubpages have said in the past that you can't change your user name and this is one of their TOS . You can however have a second account with a different user name and there are plenty of people who do that.
    I know that on other sites you can change your user name as many times as you want but that's them and this hp's so you just have to go along with that.
    Technically yes it could be done quite easily to fully answer your question but until hp make that decision we will have to wait.

1. richtwf profile image61
      richtwfposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Brian for that answer.

3. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

I, personally, would love to be able to change my username/profile name as it is my real name. As I write more personal things, it has become obvious to me that family could run across my Hubs. If there is a way...please let me know!

4. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 6 years ago

Brian Slater has pretty much covered all the points.

If HubPages were going to allow it, they'd have done it by now. And if they allowed it, it would create too many ongoing problems.

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed! smile

2. richtwf profile image61
      richtwfposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How would it create ongoing problems?

1. darkside profile image80
        darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Tracking might be a problem, backlinks definitely would be a problem... and if you were to change your username to something else then what would stop me from changing mine to richtwf and stealing your fame, reputation and limelight?

1. profile image0
          klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So wise!

5. profile image0
    Uma07posted 6 years ago

If one keeps changing profile names it would be hard follow their hubs and the hubber too.
    You have been given the choice of creating multiple accounts by Hubpages.You can use the name that you like there.

working