jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Hello? What If Anything Am I Doing Wrong?

1. sidpoudyal profile image59
    sidpoudyalposted 6 years ago

Hello Fellow Hubbers,

Yeah, my real name is Sid Poudyal. Whenever I join a community I am all about transparency because I really do invest myself.

Now, I am really new to HubPages and although in real life I am great at making friends I have already been burned 3 times here! Its not that I am not able to make friends online as I am part of two forums and have friends there already (and never been burned).

What have I done wrong here? I really can not tell. I went back through all my hubs (not many) and forum posts and I can't seem to find a way to make myself open for hostility. Its not that I think some people are out to "get me" but rather that not only have I not made friends but I seem to be on the short of edgy remarks.

Hope you all can help me out. I really do not mean any harm.

Kind Regards,
    Sid Poudyal

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

only in 5 days you cant expect anything . create more and more hubs and build reputation, be more active in hubhopping, forum and answer section.you will see improvement slowly.

sidpoudyalposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OK, I didn't even really know about the answer section, I thought it was related to a help section or FAQ. Thanks for that.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

i have 2 hubs that can help you on getting friends and follower.
    ~ hubhopping a great tool......
    ~how to get.....

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Seems that through lengthy and somewhat argumentative-sounding forum posts you were trying to introduce yourself as an expert on SEO and more. Those efforts seem to have failed and maybe backfired as well.

OK, so I guess I kind of flagged myself by stating that huh? I'll make sure not to do that again. Thank you.

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Hubbers (and experienced website owners, which in many cases amounts to the same thing) do not take kindly to being told by 'the new kid on the block' how and why they should do things a certain way.

Prove that you are willing to learn, become a member of the community and get more than six days experience and I'm sure you'll be accepted... once you have proved you are here to stay and not just another 'I know everything' Guru (the likes of which generally publish a couple of hubs then quit, never to be seen again.)

smile

I see, I pretty much announced myself the same way that all of this hype-and-quit "gurus" and letting everyone know they could send their questions to me could be seen as me saying that I knew more than other hubbers already here right? Whoops! Thanks for the heads up, I hope we can be friends.

http://www.sidpoudyal.info/friendly3.gif

5. pisean282311 profile image56
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

@sidpoudyal

cheer up..hub is very large community and not everyone would agree with you..dont worry..my personal experience is that hubpages is one of its kind in terms of variety of users , writers ...Once you get acquainted with different hubbers gradually you would make good repo with most...i disagree with few hubbers out here...but i still have good repo with them ...so spend few months out here...and by the way welcome to hubpages..all the best for all your hubs..

Yeah, maybe my outlook on making friends was too short but I do hope it does not take months before I make a single friend! Just got to keep building rep right? Thanks for sharing your experience.

working