jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

Finding popular key phases

1. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

No I'm not talking about using a keyword tool to find random keywords to use, let me explain. smile

You know those funny and often silly questions that people type in to Google? Like say animal ones, you get a list like this:

why do dogs eat grass
    why do dogs bark
    why do dogs smell
    why do dogs pant
    why do dogs lick people

,,,,and so on, those are the ones I mean. Is there a website or tool that gives you a list of all those funny, quirky things people type into google?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good question! Long tail keywords of a sort I guess...

Is the sky blue?

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Right, common silly questions that google even sometimes pre-list for you as your typing in something.

I rank on the first page for:

do cats need sunshine
        do cats need sunlight

So I'm going to do a whole bunch like that on my pet website. A little "fun" section. It will add to the site and get traffic in. smile

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good luck with it!

2. darkside profile image80
          darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Be sure to do some keyword research on them to see if there is any actual search volume on those keyword phrases and whether or not there is any $$$ to be made.

Thanks darkside. However since the articles will be on my own site, any traffic from them will be welcome.

If I was doing a hub and nobody clicked an ad it would be a waste of time. But since they will be on my own site it will be worth it. Once there they hopefully will see other things they want to see.

Also it will just add a nice feature to my site, give it one more thing for people to come back and read about. So, it's a win no matter what. smile

2. ThoughtfulSpot profile image84
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago

What a fun idea!
    Best of luck...

I don't know of a research tool to acquire the questions, but you could certainly hit sites like Yahoo!Answers and see what sort of ridiculous questions people ask.

I browse there sometimes just for a laugh.

Thanks, I answer a lot there also, I'll check out the pet section. smile

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Use search assist - type 'do cats need' into google and see what it offers you smile

Oh cool, I never thought of that, I've not been on the actual google search page in years!

Just tried it and yeah, it gives around 10 helpful hints. Thanks! smile

1. Misha profile image76
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL You are welcome Bill! big_smile

I think you might benefit from reading my hub on keyword research smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
          rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it is a very helpful hub, Misha! lots of good tips. smile [I also recently stumbled upon all of the HP interviews and learned a lot about you I didn't know!}

Bill, last week I read a newspaper article about Ben Gomes, the man behind google's search method upgrades and improvements, etc. here is a similar article I found, it's a good read.  http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_15832375?nclick_check=1

Thanks rebekahELLE, I'll check it out. I'm getting pretty good at basic keyword searches. I just did not know how to find a list of related silly, fun searches. smile

4. shabarigirish profile image54
    shabarigirishposted 6 years ago

You can use google wonder tool to find what people are actually searching for. It shows what people search very next after that funny key phrase.

Ahhh yes, the old google wheel. So many ways to find out this stuff, thanks. smile

2. ThoughtfulSpot profile image84
      ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What's the google "wonder tool"?  It sounds as though it should be wearing a cape w. a big letter "W" on its chest... but I'm assuming its the other kind of wonder... lol

I assume he/she (sorry not sure what gender you are shabarigirish) is talking about the Google wonder wheel. Open a page in your browser and search for anything in your google search box.

Once a list of things come up, look to your left. Click the link that says "more search tools".

Look and you will see a link saying "wonder wheel". Click that and the rest you will be able to figure out. smile

working