jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

New Hubber! looking for feedback and valueable suggestions!

1. Valeed profile image80
    Valeedposted 6 years ago

Hi! i've recently joined HP so am in the process of learning how this internet freelance writing works. I am looking for feedback for my hubs. I believe I can learn alot from all experienced hubbers, so do give your valueable comments as I want to improve my hubs.

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i read two of your hubs and I must say I am impressed..you are on right track man and you dont shy away  on writing on sensitive topics too..that is good...good job..all the best...

Valeedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks alot for appreciating my work :-)
        It was nice to have your feedback . . .

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Both of the hubs I looked at contain small grammar or punctuation errors - you might proofread a little better.  Personally, I try to go back several days after writing and re-check.  Even so, I often miss some.

You have put a photo at the top right of the first text capsule in both hubs - a prime spot for a google ad, if you care about that.

I found the links at the bottom only by accident - the first time through I stopped at the comment section, thinking that was all there was.

On the whole, however, I found them both to be well written and informative; good work!

Valeedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks alot!
      I will surely keep your valueable suggestions in my mind for my upcoming hubs.
      It was great to have your useful  advice! will definitely follow this! I

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile

I guess I am going to be the party pooper here amongst the others who have checked out your hubs.

I've reviewed all 3 hubs and two of them I have found to be short on content. And, 1 hub has lots of writing, but lots of writing bunched together, with very few paragraphs.

Your smoking hub is short and needs more content. As does your "Jihad" hub.

Your hub on superstitions is pretty good, but it is the hub I made reference to about creating paragraphs. Many people online looking for reference material, will have a short attention span, and want to read through the stuff they find quite quickly. So, it is important to have your article flow.

If you have bunches of words and very few paragraphs, you are likely to lose your reader.

Just a thought.

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I agree with Wilderness--running your work through a grammar checker will do wonders for them.

As for your hub on superstitions, a good bulk of it is lifted from other sites. From what I can tell, it's a sentence or two of your own followed by a sentence or two copied from somewhere else. That's a big no no.

5. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages. 

The content is good and very interesting.  Your off to a great start.

Remember there is a spelling tool in each text module. I use it all the time as we can easily turn a blind eye to errors in our own material after writing and rewriting.

Best Wishes and Much Success big_smile

6. GeneralHowitzer profile image63
    GeneralHowitzerposted 6 years ago

A warm welcome to HP my friend... You have a great hubs with you... I think you need to make some more articles this time essays to enhance your scores.

All the best,

7. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Hello Hello General H.... good to see you in the forums again... smile

Welcome to HP Valeed..

"I believe I can learn alot from all experienced hubbers"

Remain Open on that one.
    There are many experienced hubbers here who know what they're doing - BUT there are also a few others that Really Don't...
    Good Luck with your goals.