Your hubber rating and hubkarma mean diddly squat for traffic

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image80
    Evan Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago

And so does (in my opinion) all the social bookmarking stuff. I mean, if it works for you, great. But I haven't social bookmarked once, and my hubscore has dropped by 20 points despite my average hubscore increasing by 2. And my traffic has gone from 500-600 a day to almost 3500 per day in the last month.

The key: Find a niche with information that is in high demand, and then provide that information before anybody else does. Without giving away too much, it's almost a surefire way to shoot your hub to the top of Google for keywords that get a ton of traffic.

1. gracenotes profile image92
      gracenotesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are some pretty good points here.  I try to look for gaps in information, and that's where the traffic flows.  "Gaps in information," and "what we don't know" is the basis of all scientific inquiry.  And Google is a rather scientific and analytical enterprise, is it not?  smile

2. bgpappa profile image83
    bgpappaposted 6 years ago

I agree, all the "tricks" are not worth as much as good quality writing on topics that people want to read.  But the tricks can help those hubs that need help, helps with the Google indexing and promotes, which is never bad. But if you are promoting crap, in the end nothing will really help