U.S., Labor Day, and AdSense

1. Fiction Teller profile image59
    Fiction Tellerposted 6 years ago

What do people in the States do to celebrate Labor Day, do you suppose?  Turn off their computers all weekend and vow not to buy anything? 

Or is it advertisers who gasp, "Hey, nobody's gonna buy anything till next week.  Bye-bye, bids.  Hello, long weekend and all your glorious Labor-dayishness!" 

I vote for theory #2.  Traffic's actually okay.  But AdSense sucks today for me, and yesterday wasn't so joyful, either.

What about you?  (Please say it's terrible.  Even if it's not.  Misery loves company, etc.)

But again, I ask you...what do people DO?

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Labor Day in central Texas means outdoor activities.  Everyone is at the pool, the lake, festivals, bbq'ing, football games, etc.  Money is being spent on food, beer, etc.

3. joaniemb profile image60
    joaniembposted 6 years ago

Labor Day marks the end of the summer, many who did not have a chance to vacation pick this week to enjoy the summer. It is the last big fling before the fall. Kids here in the northeast will be back to school next week and so life returns to normal. People spend this weekend outdoors usually with friends and family. So money and traffic should start to build again next week.